Need quick input on video card

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I built a Windows Media Center using Windows Vista,

My current graphics card looks like crap on my 52 inch TV.

Real fuzzy, blurry etc. I have tried using the 3 modes of connect it is capable of, I tried component, then I tried S-VGA, then I tried RCA jacks.

I updated the drivers and tried every setting I could. nothing works.

So I am thinking I should purchase a new video card for the Windows media center that will work well with my 52 inch HDTV and then put the current card that is in the Windows Media center into my sons computer.

Anyone know of video card that has HD outputs and works well? and is fairly inexpensive?

As I said, my card has the outputs but they do not work well.

Advice?

Last edited:
S-VGA? Did you mean S-Video? That's not very good. Component will be your best bet IF your computer sends that out. With S-video or video RCA, you probably have to use 640x480 or 800x600.

I hooked mom's laptop up to S-Video and it would only show 640x480. But, it was a STANDARD TV thus only had about 400 lines of resolution anyway.... HDTV should be better. Good luck!

Thanks..

Yeah, I mean S-Video (my mind has been in a fog lately for various reasons).

I will see if I can find the specs on the TV and try matching on the computer.

I run my laptop to my 50" plasma via the VGA connector... crystal clear.. (I was amazed)

Check the back of your HD for the blue VGA connector.. (HDMI is also a good option but most PC's lack the HDMI output yet)

also look for a DVI adapter.. any of these should give you good resolution..

I am running two of these (SLI) and they come with the adapters if you do not have the DVI connector on your big screen
http://www.evga.com/articles/378.asp

dualmonitor_02.jpg

Last edited:
Back