semi just called

Jyn

Registered
semi and busawhipped were out riding and they stopped for gas. As they were there they gas attendant raised the price per a gallon up 50 cents. :cursin: How are the gas prices in your area?

I have no idea how much the gas costs here. :whistle:
All I know is that it is JP8 and I have to go out and get it in 5-gal cans and haul it back to fill up the generator. :moon:

Picture 062.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How in the hell do they justify that kind of jump in prices! BS, that gas is already in the storage tanks. The F*&king oil companies raise the price anytime anybody anywhere says the price may go up or supply may get tight. The price of crude has been going down for weeks but they haven't lowered gas prices accordingly.

the station owner is just responding to supply and demand. Remember, if there is a problem follow the money. Airlines have been buying fuel on the market from speculators. So are fleet managers and trucking companies. I've seen car dealers giving "$1.99 gas for 1 year" guarentees with the purchase of a new vehicle. They have already purchased that gas. Now the little guy is going to have to make up the loss to the speculators. Soon we will realize that there is NO such thing as Corperate Tax. The cost will always make it down to the consumer.
Sad Huh?

It's because of the hurricane. I believe 8 of the oil platforms in the gulf have closed because of Ike. It's basically hysteria. Unless there is damage worse than Katrina, it won't impact the actual production of gas. But, this is a reason for the gas comanies to stick the consumers again.

I work for a local gas station company. Although we try and go with competition, and try to keep prices as low as we can...we have to go also by what the corporate guys who we buy our gas from say. Total BS because the corporation we are getting the gas from is making bank...and we are barely keeping in business. All they are doing is screwing the station owners. Ghetto!

We were filling the bikes at $3.99. While we were pumping they were changing the signs to $4.49. I burned a tank and a half today anyway :) I filled up before coming home since the station near the house is still at $3.65.

Semi and I had a great ride. We got over 45, but didn't take any pics (the KC guys will get it). :laugh:

I drove into Collinsville, Il today. At the bottom of the hill it was $4.49 for regular unleaded. At the top of the hill, less than a mile apart it was $4.09. Hmmmm, what is up with that?

I have no idea how much the gas costs here. :whistle:
All I know is that it is JP8 and I have to go out and get it in 5-gal cans and haul it back to fill up the generator. :moon:

Dude... thanks for keeing us safe. Come home safely.
Mark
USA 66-69

Was 5.50 in Tallahassee, but the governor threatened to start throwing people in jail for price gouging and they have been within 20 cents or so of before hurricane prices.

yeah all these increases are going to make going to the bash a little harder on the pocket book

Back