Amsoil price increase??

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
Has anybody bought any lately? I changed the oil in my bike a month ago and Amsoil was $7.95 a quart. Picked up 4 quarts today at the same place for $9.50 a quart. I guess gas prices are not the only ones going up. Oh well my baby is worth it!!:beerchug:

That's a steep price increase... I have to change the oil about once a month... that will add up quick if those prices keep going up.

I am a dealer for Amsoil, I have been charging 9.50 per qt for over a year and have been told i have the lowest pricve in town on it.. Heck 7 something a qt is just a few pennies more then i buy it for.

Just bought a gallon jug of it the other day and it was $44 and some change.... went up several dollars from when I bought a couple months ago... but I just think the quality can't be beat- May have to look at some alternative (if there is one) if they keep going up though...

I've only found it at a couple shops around here and it's 10.50 - 12.50 a qt. but I did find it in the gallon jug for 42.00

why would you change out a synthetic so often? may as well run dino oil and change at 3-5k..

I run 8k on my synthetic and it comes out pretty clean.. ( just put my first batch of 15-50 Mobil1 "car" oil at $5 a quart from the syn. bike oil at $9.25 a quart).. will update if clutch goes south..

why would you change out a synthetic so often? may as well run dino oil and change at 3-5k..

I run 8k on my synthetic and it comes out pretty clean.. ( just put my first batch of 15-50 Mobil1 "car" oil at $5 a quart from the syn. bike oil at $9.25 a quart).. will update if clutch goes south..
I am getting ready to switch to the synthetic. And if all goes right start getting more miles :thumbsup:

But if you can run it for 7.5k miles, then I would be a happy camper.

Of course, my milage is nothing in comparison to some of these guys. Scar has a billion miles on his 08 already, how many times has he had to change that oil :moon:

I am a dealer for Amsoil, I have been charging 9.50 per qt for over a year and have been told i have the lowest pricve in town on it.. Heck 7 something a qt is just a few pennies more then i buy it for.

Since Feb until today I have paid 7.95 a quart. Heck the local dealer only charged 8.50. The only reason I know is the shop I usually go to only had 3 quarts and had to go to dealer to get the 4th. That was the end of May I believe.
If I remember right I was told today that msrp is 11.40?

You're riding 3-5000 miles a month?

I am sorry! It has been about a month and half.:laugh:
I have never ridden like this in the past but the wifey is asking to ride now. I have been begging for years for her to show an interest in anything I like and just so happens the bike is it! What's a guy to do????

I have no idea why a synthetic oil would not last 10K or more in a bike provided it is not overheated..

Oil does not go bad (nor do synthetics).. the 2 things that do happen are the additive packages wear out and the oil becomes contaminated..

Contamination is mot commonly the realm of moisture and/or carbon build up from leaky cylinder walls..

The latter is pretty easy to see, the oil turns black or milky..

Additive breakdown is going to be much harder to determine but when the oil makers will stand behind the oil in the 15-30k range on a car, I do not see where bikes are that much harder on the oil now days..

I am at 25K and on my 4thoil change (600-3000-10000-24000)

I have no idea why a synthetic oil would not last 10K or more in a bike provided it is not overheated..

Oil does not go bad (nor do synthetics).. the 2 things that do happen are the additive packages wear out and the oil becomes contaminated..

Contamination is mot commonly the realm of moisture and/or carbon build up from leaky cylinder walls..

The latter is pretty easy to see, the oil turns black or milky..

Additive breakdown is going to be much harder to determine but when the oil makers will stand behind the oil in the 15-30k range on a car, I do not see where bikes are that much harder on the oil now days..

I am at 25K and on my 4thoil change (600-3000-10000-24000)

:bowdown:

Do you change the filter more often? If yes how often?

i hope your correct mr. b because oil changes these days are getting ridiculous. i swap out my synth amsoil every 3k or so. ???

:bowdown:

Do you change the filter more often? If yes how often?
I put a new filter on at the first and 3rd changes... (cut them both open, nothing out of the ordinary)

I pulled the filter at 16K and cut it open.... not a thing in there, so new one on, and will leave it till oil change time..

Do any of you use the magnets on your filter? Supposed to catch all the crap against the side and prolong filter life.

I thought you were supposed to change the oil every 3500 miles? That is how often I change mine. I've been using spectre dino & changing the filter each time! Am I wasting my money by changing it this often? After 2000 miles I need to add a little bit,usually.???

Back