ATTN Gamer PC Builders (need advice)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok time to retire my 2 year old [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Asus P5WD2-E Premium and build a new system and I really do not track all the new stuff on "Gamer" setups... enough trying to keep track of servers and workstations...

Anyway... suggestions on a killer hot rod board/cpu combo?

I have a pair of 512m 8800 SLI cards that should suffice for video already so SLI would be required..

[/FONT]

I gave up keeping up with hardware long time ago. Sorry, but good luck with all that is out there! of course you know when you are done building your dream system, it will be obsolete! :poke:

Intel has the performance edge right now. I would suggest something like this: MOBO

It has the new chipset and will support whatever dual or quad CPU you want/afford.

My 2 cents.:thumbsup:

Get all your game news from HardOCP :cheerleader:

Asus Rampage board supposed to be really good. With the quad-core 9550 i believe it is...would be a sweet setup. That's what I'm planning on getting. Just sucks because next year, USB 3.0 is coming out, my last built computer has lasted me 8 years, just until the last year have I struggled to play newer video games.

F Alienware, I bought a 20" HP notebook pumped to the gills for $1K less than Aware.

Ok time to retire my 2 year old [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Asus P5WD2-E Premium and build a new system and I really do not track all the new stuff on "Gamer" setups... enough trying to keep track of servers and workstations...

Anyway... suggestions on a killer hot rod board/cpu combo?

I have a pair of 512m 8800 SLI cards that should suffice for video already so SLI would be required..

[/FONT]

Well here you go man. Get yourself an XFX nForce 780I board you can drop yourself a nice quad intel (speed is your choice or pocket size)

I am runnin that board with a little Q6600 intel with 3 8800GTX 756mb vid cards. tri-sli RULES!!!!! I threw on 4GB of Corsair Dominator PC2 8000 ram at 1066MHZ

Lets just say I don't lag, my frame rates are through the roof and well its just mean... *roar*

You could prolly stuff yourself a good quad at 3.2Ghz with 8GB of ram and call it good. The board will even support DDR3 if you can find it at a decent price.

Hope that helps man.

Back