YES YES YES YES MotoGP NEWS!!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Rossi: Hayden Is Signed To Ducati
by dean adams
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
I chatted with Valentino Rossi yesterday afternoon in Las Vegas and brought up the much-rumored subject of Nick Hayden leaving Honda and joining Ducati's MotoGP team for 2009.

Rossi was nearly adamant that Hayden has signed a contract to race for Marlboro Ducati next season as a teammate to Casey Stoner.

"I think that situation is completed, it is finalized," Rossi said of Hayden joining Ducati after nearly ten years with Honda.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Sep/080909a.htm

Personally, I think this is Nicky's best move!! He'll be on a bike that is competitive to win!!! While this is still a rumor, I think since Rossi is saying it... Its gotta be true!!! Break out the drinks!!!
:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Last edited:
Another championship in the making? ??? If he can stay healthy and keep his head screwed on straight this should make for an interesting season!:thumbsup:

I personally think this is a GREAT move for Hayden, but I'am not so sure it's the best move for Ducati :whistle:. Time will tell :blonde:

I personally think this is a GREAT move for Hayden, but I'am not so sure it's the best move for Ducati :whistle:. Time will tell :blonde:

Its a good move for Ducati if their goal is to increase sales of their bikes in the USA

Think about it

It's true, then?

I don't think he'll be able to handle the bike.

--Wag--

If Rossi (God) sez it, IT IS TRUE!!!

Good on Hayden. I think the Marlboro Ducati will fit his aggressive style!! F**K Repsol!!!

It's true, then?

I don't think he'll be able to handle the bike.

--Wag--

We'll see. I think a previous SBK rider has a better chance of handling that bike than a 250cc rider.

Either way, this would be the only ride Nicky could get that would be on a "competitive" bike. Better to take the risk on a bike that's good enough to win than to ride a satelite honda that isn't competitive.

Put one of the most aggressive guys in the field on one of the fastest, most raw machines in the paddock and give him the good tires! I will be spewing on my rug when he roosts by Pedro and flips him the bird! :rofl:

Hope its true! Good on ya Nicky!

P.S. Just read that DeAngelis resigned with Gresini for 08 so that's one more seat off the market for Spies! Damn this is just exasperating. :deadhorse:

P.S. Just read that DeAngelis resigned with Gresini for 08 so that's one more seat off the market for Spies! Damn this is just exasperating. :deadhorse:

Unless Rizla adds a third bike or Zuk fields a satellite team, I don't see Spies going to GP next year. Unless a satellite Duc team is made available, but I still don't see a seat for him next year.

Xerox Ducati WSBK, that's not a bad option at all especially since it's Baylisstics team. He'll ride most of the same tracks GP is run on and still have a realistic opportunity to win in the next 2 years. After he takes a WSBK championship, then a GP team might take him a little more seriously. Just my opinion though.

Where Ducati races, they win.

From what I have seen, not the case for the balance of field. Troy Bayliss and Stoner seem to be in it, as long as they dont wad the bike. Yam, Kawi, Suzi.... they seem to just hang out and wait for the Duc (riders) to fail.

I think its a great move for Nicky, him on the Desmo should fly WAY better than Hopper on that friggin Kawi or his riding on the Repsol Honda....

Spies?
I think the dude is special.... Suzi will find a seat for him if they want to win.... Loris and Chris sure aint cutting it!

Back