Took a Trip Back in Time

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
the other day and thought I'd share. Visited my grandparents property from years ago. They have both passed away, but the house is still there. Made a stop by the cemetery where they are buried and them went to see my middle school stompin' grounds. Brought back a lot of good memories. Just a couple pics in front of their old homefront.

Ridin' (28 Aug 08) - 3a.jpg

Ridin' (28 Aug 08) - 2a.jpg

Things like that can certainly stir memories and feelings? Is the property still in the family?

No, it was only my grandfather there for about 15 years after my grandmother passed away and he was about to go live with my aunt. All the rest of the family has died or moved far enough away that taking care of it would have been problematic.

Understood. Still fun to go see your old stomping grounds. I havent been to the town I grew up in for about 15 years. Would be interesting to see the old house again.

It was definitely fun. Thanks, Scar, for the ocmpliment. No rival for yours though.

They paved my old neighborhood and put a Sam's/WalMart. Nice bike

Ken, I did the same thing this past weekend when I visited my son in Illinois. Rode by the house I lived in as a child, first school, high school etc. I think it does a person good to visit their past.

Ken, I did the same thing this past weekend when I visited my son in Illinois. Rode by the house I lived in as a child, first school, high school etc. I think it does a person good to visit their past.

I am in complete agreement with you, Hal.

Back