Evasive Maneuver / A Confession

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
OK, I have to 'fess-up.

Yesterday, while shredding up one of my ever-spectacular, most-favored mountainside roads, four friends and I came upon a cage, creeping excruciatingly slowly up the hill (probably going something like the speed limit or something).

Anyway, as you all know, the 'busa can dispose of such a nuisance in no time flat...so at the first opportunity, I passed said cage...over the DYL (double yellow line). Now, I don't know about where you are from, but here, that's cite-able activity.

Just as I apexed my amazing maneuver, I see three Sheriff's vehicles with their assigned uniformed humanoids standing at an overlook chatting. Well, they looked long and hard at me as I finished making my mistake, at which time I continued up the hill.

One friend, sweeping, told me on the chatterbox that they were coming after me. All three of them.

So, I spanked it up the hill a ways, pulled a 180, and veered into another viewing area; at the same time telling the rest of the group to continue up the hill...DO NOT STOP HERE!!! I took my helmet off, grabbed my camera, moved to the other side of the bike, in my (probably feeble) attempt to look like I'd been there for hours.

:whistle:

Well, the Sheriff's vehicles went by me and I felt very sly. Heart pounding in fear, but at the same time, sly. Not smug; sly.

The LEOs followed my friends up to the top of the hill where they proceded to verbally address them.

I waited at my 'lookout' for about 15 minutes, then went up hill, ever so gingerly, almost willing the throttle to move...afraid to actually touch it myself.

As I rounded a corner, the LEOs were headed together back down the hill. I crested the mountaintop to see my friends waiting for me in a parking lot.

We went to the little mountain town and had lunch, then turned around and came back to the city.

I am not proud of this activity, and I do not condone it. I should have made sure there weren't any witnesses to my mistake. In continuing explanation, I also offer that this was a completely safe pass.

Well, I haven't put up any pix this weekend, so I thought I'd share this one, taken this evening at my favorite Italian restaurant; Pizzaria Arrividerci! ...and yes, that's Motorcycle Only parking, and the pic was taken from our table.

Logged some crazy miles this weekend...

Happy Holiday, everyone.

Ciao!

Arrividerci.gif

Last edited:
Wow, good story Scar. You know, I never really gave passing in the DYL much thought, if I had plenty of room and could see my path, I would take it. Since riding with many of my busa brothers and sisters, including some busa brother leo's, (you know who you are), I understand why I should not do this and never again will, unless the vehicle is stopped. Thanks for fessing up brother, this is how we learn the easy way.

Wow, good story Scar. You know, I never really gave passing in the DYL much thought, if I had plenty of room and could see my path, I would take it. Since riding with many of my busa brothers and sisters, including some busa brother leo's, (you know who you are), I understand why I should not do this and never again will, unless the vehicle is stopped. Thanks for fessing up brother, this is how we learn the easy way.

I appreciate your ability to read between the lines directly to the lesson...that being... please, all, don't try this at home. This maneuver was accomplished by a non-professional on a non-closed course.

...and then I ask myself...will I do this again?

Some times you have to do what you have to. I got a red light form the sheriff on a back road whilst he came from the opposite direction. I looked around and saw that there were no other cars around so I knew he was after me. I pulled the Busa over and waited for the Sheriff to turn around. He was polite as was I. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going and said "no officer I don't. He told me I was doing over 75 in a 45 mile zone. This was on a farm road so I didn't watch the speedo----just the up comming curves. He said I am not going to give you a ticket today because I am looking for dope heads. I thanked him and left. Whew!

yah I'm not admitting any similar story i might not have:whistle:

any way glad all is well:thumbsup:

yah I'm not admitting any similar story i might not have:whistle:

any way glad all is well:thumbsup:

I thought long and hard about putting this piece together, but decided it was best to try to help out.

Benevolent, self-less giver that I am. :laugh:

So... is this the confession of silly things room? :whistle:

I don't think that was such a bad offense. I have done worse. I will tell if you must know.

Thanks for being willing to tell about your experience, and good job on looking like a tourist taking pictures! :rofl:

Naughty...naughty...I am innocent and would never do anything like that :whistle: Thanks for sharing a good story. Be safe this weekend!

So... is this the confession of silly things room? :whistle:

I don't think that was such a bad offense. I have done worse. I will tell if you must know.

Thanks for being willing to tell about your experience, and good job on looking like a tourist taking pictures! :rofl:

I'm launching a new thread...entitled: "The Confessional" where everyone can post such stories as the foregoing. :beerchug:

Please stand by...

...and the award for Best Actor in a Drama goes to...Scar...for his roll in "Effected Innocence".

:rofl:

Niiiice! I don't really consider this running. If you didn't see the red lights coming then it's not running.

--Wag--

We passed on a double yellow last Sunday after the cager in front of us waved us by and then got pulled over a few miles up and yelled at for doing so and acceleratingly to 65 in a 40 while making the pass. No thanks for pulling over just tons of attitude. 44 and 41 years old with a totally clean records. 100 bucks for the passing and another 250 for the speeding. We wished we hadn't stopped and had tried something. Nice guys finish last.:moon:

Niiiice! I don't really consider this running. If you didn't see the red lights coming then it's not running.

--Wag--

Yeah, me neither. I didn't run. I did, however, violate that DYL...which is, I'm sure, what they'd like to talk to me about.

Another lesson to be learned here by everyone. :poke: When posting a confession don't follow it up with a pic of your bike with the license plate visible. We LEO's are smart enough to figure this type of thing out :rofl::rofl:

Another lesson to be learned here by everyone. :poke: When posting a confession don't follow it up with a pic of your bike with the license plate visible. We LEO's are smart enough to figure this type of thing out :rofl::rofl:

Thanks! We're never too old nor to smart to learn.

We passed on a double yellow last Sunday after the cager in front of us waved us by and then got pulled over a few miles up and yelled at for doing so and acceleratingly to 65 in a 40 while making the pass. No thanks for pulling over just tons of attitude. 44 and 41 years old with a totally clean records. 100 bucks for the passing and another 250 for the speeding. We wished we hadn't stopped and had tried something. Nice guys finish last.:moon:

That's so very wrong. Especially if the cage owner left you enough room to share the lane instead of having to cross into the oncoming lane. Seems like the LEO might have been having a bad day.

Sorry for this bad situation, brother...and particularly on a 'clean' record.

Last edited:
Back