Boys will be Boys (or: Why does Mom want to choke me?)

rlbowers3

Registered
I've posted pics of my kids before. You all know that I have:bounce: of them. While I am gone to Iraq they are at home giving my wife a run for her money. :banghead: Friday night Angie took a movie and went upstairs to relax. The little kids were down in the basement watching a movie and Jakob(14) and Sam(16) decided that since mom was occupied :whistle:they could sneak out the bike park and ride bikes(BMX). Well about 8:30 Angie gets a phone call. It's Jakob on the cell.
"Mom, you gotta come quick! Sam crashed and he is hurt real bad!"

She drove down there and found him like this:

DSCF3253.jpg

He crashed on one of the jumps. Broken nose, front four teeth knocked loose. Lacerations on face and arms. Slight concusion. Still waiting to go to the dentist to check what damage will cost for his teeth. This is after four years in braces ($2.5K)

If he had just listened to his mom and obeyed the :rulez: then he wouldn't be like this.

Your poor wife, I can't imagine what she is going through.
Sometimes they gotta learn the hard way.

Last edited:
Dang! Well like my Dear departed Mother used to say: "Looks like you just graduated from the school of hard knocks"
:poke:

I will be going home in three weeks for some R&R. It should be nice.

I am looking forward to tweeking his nose and saying "Does that hurt?":laugh:

At least he wasn't hurt any worse. As a mother, I can only imagine how mad she is at him. Keep safe and if she needs to vent once in awhile, the Ladies' Lair if very understanding.

They ride bikes at a skateboard park. He thinks that he is pretty good at doing tricks.
Uhm...:whistle:

Hopefully he will reel it in a bit.

That looks real painful!!!I hope his teeth check out ok.But.....boys will be boys,if they didn't get busted up then they're not boys :laugh:

At least he's alright. and i bet he will NEVER forget this nor do it again.:beerchug:Def. glad he's relatively okay.....atleast until you get home:laugh:

Well I also bet he is gonna wear a helmet next time he sneeks the bike out:thumbsup:

WoW! Your wife must be livid!!

I did four deployments while my hubby was in the Navy, and can feel what she is going through (although I did not have as many kids so she has her hands FULL).

Keep safe out there, and don't get on him too terribly. He has to go to school and be seen among his peers looking like that. Is there a girlfriend in the picture to see this??

Wow!

I'm actually surprised I survived my childhood, however, there was one time when I was at the BMX track, getting ready to head off the starting line and my buddy said, "Here you need a helmet" and tossed me his. I was a bit ticked for the delay but I put the helmet on.

On the third table top jump, my foot slipped the pedal on the landing and I crashed HARD. If I hadn't had that helmet, the hard pan would have cracked my skull open. As it was, the "road rash" pain lasted a very long time.

You woulda thought that would have made me a gear nazi back then!

--Wag--

Thats not that bad.. I am glad it is not worse.. When I was comming up I live in the WOODS... Had dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and go carts.. I cant count the number of times I came limping home banged up.. Just off the top of my head,, cut a finger off, stuck a stick through my arm, knocked out countless times, broken both collar bones at least 3 times, all the toes and 7 bones in my right foot.. All this was when I was young.. Whats sad is I bought a new Yamaha yfz 450 4wheeler last week. I have allready flipped it off a hill.. Jessica is still upset about it.. I will post up a new pic soon.

I cant help but laugh. It makes me think back and remember what I put my folks thru. :whistle:

Ahhh, I have fond memories of those kinds of injuries. Skateboards and BMX. Hopefully He will learn that "stupid hurts" before he goes on to motorized toys.

Chris

Back