I guess it's due to the price of gas...

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
I live on the Tennessee river just north of Chattanooga, TN. In previous years the river in front of my house is like an interstate highway without lines on holiday weekends. I spent a few hours in the yard today installing a new radiator on my Nissan and suddenly it dawned on me how quiet it was out on the river.

All the boats seem to be out of the water and covered up.

P1050105.jpg

P1050106.jpg

P1050107.jpg

yhe economy is shiot right now, peeps can barely affor gas for the cars let aloe the toys

ya i know guys with boots and they stay home more this year cause of it. fuel on the lakes is even more outragious

Lake business has been way slower here this season too. Guy up around the corner has a big Z9 Nitro bass boat with a 225 Mercury, I've only seen it leave his yard twice this summer. Couple of guys where I work have bass boats and are staying at home a lot more too. For a while I heard pre-mix was $6.00 gal on the docks. Crazy when you can burn 40+ gallons in a day, plus the gas for the big pickup/suv to haul to the lake.
General tourist crowd in the Branson area has been way down too, nowhere near the outa state plates I normally see.

We went down to the beach today and not many people there or boats in water as well.

I took the jet ski out today, seemed about a normal Saturday around here. The water was beautiful crystal clear, water in the gulf was calm like glass, had some dolphins come up and pace me for a bit, and saw some smaller sharks, great day!

DESTIN.jpg

I switched boats from a v6 gas guzzler to a SUZUKI 90hp 4 stroke. Boy that thing just sips the juice, albeit at a slow 21mph top speed.

Chris

I haven't used my bass boat at all this year and neither has my son. I have the Busa this year to play with a nd my son buoght a new dirt bike. Your right though about the boat traffic being less and probably being caused by the fuel costs.

Back