U.S.M.C Facts You Should Know

tinmann840

Registered
When the Marines were cut off behind enemy lines and the Army had written
the 1st Marine Division off as being lost because they were surrounded by 22
enemy divisions. The Marines made it out inflicting the highest casualty
ratio on an enemy in history and destroying 7 entire enemy divisions in the
process. An enemy division is 16500+ men while a Marine division is 12500 men.

That's 115,500+ against 12,500 Hard men......Damnit!

Have any of you seen the film "the Battle for Haditha"? It is about Marines in Iraq. I watched part of it and had to turn it off. Very realistic images. Frightening.

Sounds good:thumbsup:, but I can't find anywhere that any US Division ever totally destroyed 7 Enemy Divisions in any conflict. And doing so without any other help. Where did you get this tidbit of Info. ?? I sure would like to read about it ! :beerchug:

Sounds good:thumbsup:, but I can't find anywhere that any US Division ever totally destroyed 7 Enemy Divisions in any conflict. And doing so without any other help. Where did you get this tidbit of Info. ?? I sure would like to read about it ! :beerchug:

Me too.

Chuck Norris accomplished that task by himself. Would have been more if they all didn't retreat.

chuck-norris-002.jpg

The just cause is either on the macro or micro scale.
Micro for the average guy in the trenches it was to survive 22 divisions surrounding you and get you own a$$ and your buddy's out of there in one piece.
Too complicated to look at the macro. take that up with the president of the day, although I tend to dislike repressive, authoritarian, dictatorial, abusive, violators of human rights.
The guys that are left are North Korea today.
Nice place.
That Kim Jong-il is a real prince.

Back