Tonight was almost the night!

BrianKesler

Registered
As many of you know, i work as a LEO for a local town. Tonight i get dispatched to assist the Sheriffs Office on a burglary in progress. There was 1 deputy out there, and an unknown amount of people inside. I was next to arrive, so i go on perimeter on the back door. After about 15 min, there are about 15 cops, a helicopter, and a dog, when suddenly i hear the back door handle jiggle. I thought to myself that i couldnt be that lucky, im NEVER in the right place at the right time, then the door swings open! I call it on the radio, and out comes this guy holding 2 butcher kinves....im already unholstered, and i draw down on him, yelling at him to get on the ground and drop the knives....he took 3 steps toward me, i slid my finger from the frame onto the trigger, and begin a nice steady pull.....i swear it had to be just in the nick of time, he drops the knives. I reholster and tackle him to the ground, then he gets dog-piled by about 5 other guys.

That was the closest i have ever come to shooting someone. I always said if i ever had to, i didnt think i would have a problem doing it, and tonight showed me that i could do it. I didnt hesitate, didnt think twice, it all came so natural. Good news is, im here to ride another day, and the bad guy is in jail. Anyway, im wide awake and ready for the next call, just wanted to share. I LOVE MY JOB!

SWEET- when it comes to protecting your life, it makes it easier, and it doesnt hurt that its part of your job!

im not 21 yet so i cant even get my GFL (georgia firearms license) want to conceal carry.

glad to hear it worked out and everyone is safe. when there is no other option it's nice to know you can get it done.

If You Would Have Shot and Killed the Guy, Personally and (I Think I Speak For THE MOST on the ORG) Would'nt have Minded :thumbsup:

I have a lot of Friend's that are LEO's and I know What Really Goes Down in the COP World :beerchug:

You Guys/Gals Don't Get Paid Enough :bowdown:

Much Respect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In re: " I always said if i ever had to, i didnt think i would have a problem doing it, and tonight showed me that i could do it. I didnt hesitate, didnt think twice, it all came so natural."

Had he lunged at you from a close enough distance to actually do harm, your actions would have possibly saved your life. Congrats!:thumbsup: As you know, there are a number of LEOs who still have that situation to experience. Your mind has to be made up (before) the situation arises and you simply have to make that decision correctly to survive. Congrats again! Feels good doesn't it?

Sounds like you did everything right, congrats on a job well done. It's also good to hear that you are prepared to do your job and luckily did not have to. My firearms instructor in the academy used to say something I will never forget. it's our job to make that person stop what they are doing, if justified and required we shoot to stop him and what he is doing and continue shooting him til this happens. It's up to God and the paramedics whether he lives or dies. Whether or not we shoot is not our decision but instead his.

Be safe!

:beerchug: Thanks to folks like you, most of us won't ever find ourselves in that situation.

Kudos, brother. Well done!

Glad your instincts are working like they should... Actually glad you did not have to drop that clown myself... (a lot of stress, work and headaches for helping the gene pool)

:beerchug:

Sounds like you did everything right, congrats on a job well done. It's also good to hear that you are prepared to do your job and luckily did not have to. My firearms instructor in the academy used to say something I will never forget. it's our job to make that person stop what they are doing, if justified and required we shoot to stop him and what he is doing and continue shooting him til this happens. It's up to God and the paramedics whether he lives or dies. Whether or not we shoot is not our decision but instead his.

Be safe!

+1000000

Way to go brother :bowdown: :cheerleader: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Be safe!

Well Said!!!!!

Very good instincts and training! Nobody got hurt and law was upheld.

I'm a real proponent of taking out this kind of trash. Part of me wishes you had been able to take this garbage to the curb for disposal.

Another part of me is glad you didn't have to shoot. The consequences to you could be pretty severe, psychologically.

Still, I'm very pleased you were ready and willing and that you're out there protecting us poor innocent helpless civilians.

Carry on, good man!

--Wag--

So this POS comes out with butcher knives, I guess he was hoping to get lucky with an unprepared LEO.

Good on ya for not wasting the scum, you have self control, and he got lucky.:bowdown:

Glad to here you were alright. Good to know now you have shown yourself you have control and good judgement. Moments like this help build confidence in ourselves, knowing we have prepared properly. I agree with earlier comments that people who choose to protect others even if it means great personal risk to them do not get paid enough and at times their due respect....Rick

Back