Stand Up To Cancer

vman1300

Never Forgotten
I just saw a commercial for a nationally televised show airing next week on ABC, NBC, and CBS. The show is titled "Stand up to cancer". Of course, as a cancer FIGHTER, my ears perked up.

I did some quick reading on their site and was blown away. I know there are many here that have been personally effected by cancer. Have a peek at their mission statement:

"Here we stand, on the verge of unlocking the answers that will finally conquer the devastation that is cancer.

We now understand the very biology that drives cancer. With knowledge gained from the mapping of the human genome, we can now target the genes and pathways that are involved in turning normal cells into cancerous ones. We are on the brink of possessing a toolbox full of new, advanced technologies just waiting to be adapted to benefit patients. Right before us, so close we can almost touch them, are scientific breakthroughs in the prevention, detection, treatment and even reversal of this disease.

For the first time we can envision the possibility of stopping cancer in its tracks. But just when science is on the verge of giving us the breakthroughs that can end cancer, the will and the funding to do so are disappearing from the national agenda and from our collective consciousness.

Cancer takes one person every minute. One life in a moment. They are our brothers, our sisters, our fathers and mothers, our husbands and wives, our best friends, our children, ourselves. Every day in America 1500 people die and yet the means to save them are literally within our reach. To wait any longer for someone else to save our lives and the lives of those we love is unforgivable.

Inspired to act by our own personal experiences with cancer, we recognize that we can no longer rely on the current system alone to give us the breakthroughs we need. So, we are calling on the public to help take matters into our own hands, investing in a revolution that will change the way scientist and clinicians work to understand and treat these diseases. Stand Up To Cancer is more than a rallying cry. It is a galvanizing force created to urgently move cancer research forward.

This is where the end of cancer begins: when we unite in one unstoppable movement and Stand Up To Cancer.

How?

Working with the top experts in cancer research, Stand Up To Cancer is forging a new way to develop breakthroughs that will end cancer. We’re putting together the best and the brightest minds in cancer research – those on the edge of accomplishment – investing in their projects and taking the bureaucratic obstacles out of their way. We are building interdisciplinary “Dream Teams” of scientists, clinicians, technicians and other experts, who will focus on a specific cancer problem. We’ll track their progress in real time, so that everyone who invests can see how their participation is creating real change.

Funds will be administered by the American Association for Cancer Research, the largest scientific organization in the world focusing on every aspect of high-quality, innovative cancer research. Together with their scientific Blue Ribbon Advisory Committee, comprised of world-class scientists across several disciplines and patient advocates, the most promising projects will be identified."

http://www.standuptocancer.org

Me personally, I believe that there WILL be a cure for cancer someday.

Tonight I started a Team on "Stand up to Cancer" in an effort to raise funds to help in this cause. Team name you might ask....

So Fast, So Clean

Did you expect anything else?

I am asking if you have the means, will you join in this battle to find a cure?

here is a direct link if you would like to help:

http://www.standup2cancer.org/mysu2c/team/view/2474

Please do not contribute just because of me, 1 in 3 people will be effected with cancer in their lifetime. Imagine a cure to remove the thought of cancer.....

Thanks for taking time to read this long post.

Last edited:
speaking of the big C, how are you doing?
Hang in there brother...its just another pothole in the road that God has us on, ya know?
-Vigosama-
3+years of cleans scans for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma,
and come october I hope to have my first clean scan for Renal cell carcinoma.

speaking of the big C, how are you doing?
Hang in there brother...its just another pothole in the road that God has us on, ya know?
-Vigosama-
3+years of cleans scans for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma,
and come october I hope to have my first clean scan for Renal cell carcinoma.

I am still surviving, wait no THRIVING!

I continue to pray for all the FIGHTERS that are battling...keep up the fight and BELIEVE! Your trip to NEDville is coming my friend.

Going on 5 years clean scan results , Testicular cancer. At the age of 32 i thought that i was too young , Boy was i wrong ! Still going to my Hematology-Oncology Dr. every 6 months. I like doing Cancer motorcycle benifit runs to help the research.

Going on 5 years clean scan results , Testicular cancer. At the age of 32 i thought that i was too young , Boy was i wrong ! Still going to my Hematology-Oncology Dr. every 6 months. I like doing Cancer motorcycle benifit runs to help the research.

Awesome, I knew there are quit a few here that have been effected. Keep up the fight to fide a cure.

And BTW, I was 35, Stage IV colon......no history in family anywhere.

a friend of mine went through this at the same age. Very rough

Back