Grrrrrrrrr... Gas Stolen

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
:angry: I drove the wife's SUV on Wednesday, put gas in so it had a quarter tank. I got a nasty email from her this morning saying, why did I leave it on empty,with the gas light illuminated. It died as she barely made it to the gas station, only a mile away.

We live out in the country, we have a 150' long gravel driveway, the SUV sits at the top with the gas cap side next to the woods. We have a motion sensing light, but I noticed it wasnt working this morning.

Just a heads up! hopefully doesnt happen to you.

What a drag. Some people.

Seriously lucky you hadn't filled the tank full!

its a valuable comodity over here in the UK.

Fuel theft is a huge problem, especially diesel. The lorries get targeted a lot. We have quite a high percentage of diesel cars here so theres no short supply of willing punters.

Andy.

:angry: I drove the wife's SUV on Wednesday, put gas in so it had a quarter tank. I got a nasty email from her this morning saying, why did I leave it on empty,with the gas light illuminated. It died as she barely made it to the gas station, only a mile away.

We live out in the country, we have a 150' long gravel driveway, the SUV sits at the top with the gas cap side next to the woods. We have a motion sensing light, but I noticed it wasnt working this morning.

Just a heads up! hopefully doesnt happen to you.

Dang dude! I was thinking as I opened this, "This is why I want to live in the country, away from people." On top of you living out there, you live in my state. Where you located in VA?

Sorry to hear this but with gas prices the way they are it does not suprize me people are stealing gas. Get yourself a locking Gas cap it will help prevent that.

Dang dude! I was thinking as I opened this, "This is why I want to live in the country, away from people." On top of you living out there, you live in my state. Where you located in VA?

Yea Buddy,

I live in Goochland, (off 64,Gum Spring exit). Got a house on 4+ acres. I love the country. I saw you at BusaBash 08, was gonna introduce, but looked like you were tied up.

Have not had too much luck linking up with fellow Virginians yet, things were crazy last year (son was born).

PM me, let me know, Ill have to join you on a ride sometime. Take Care, fellow Virginian, John

Pic of house and SUV

House.jpg

park the truck next to the house...and let a nice, big Rottweiler sleep underneath it:flamethrowing:
f*** thieves... sorry for your loss, but at least they only got u for a 1/4 tank, if you filled up you'd be out over $80 easy

Be happy they didn't cut you converter off also, they seem to be doing that alot around here lately.

Sorry to hear this but with gas prices the way they are it does not suprize me people are stealing gas. Get yourself a locking Gas cap it will help prevent that.

I thought about this this morning when I put $92 worth of gas in my truck - I'm going to try and find a good locking gas cap this weekend.

That sux man. I lost 180.00 dollars in fuel a month or so back. They got my truck, the girls truck, and my boys race car.

Yea Buddy,

I live in Goochland, (off 64,Gum Spring exit). Got a house on 4+ acres. I love the country. I saw you at BusaBash 08, was gonna introduce, but looked like you were tied up.

Have not had too much luck linking up with fellow Virginians yet, things were crazy last year (son was born).

PM me, let me know, Ill have to join you on a ride sometime. Take Care, fellow Virginian, John

Pic of house and SUV

Near Charlottesville and rt.33 right?

I would say I'm up for meeting for a ride, but I aint got no motorcycle anymore... Hoever, I hope to be getting a job soon that will allow me to save up for another busa.

Near Charlottesville and rt.33 right?

I would say I'm up for meeting for a ride, but I aint got no motorcycle anymore... Hoever, I hope to be getting a job soon that will allow me to save up for another busa.

Yep I'm about 20 minutes east of Charlottesville

Unfortunately, that happened to me also, but they got lucky and took 28 gallons!!!! ???

Locking gas cap now.. and security cameras.. actually got the kid when he came back for a second attempt 3 days later... turned out he was stealing it from me, and selling it for $2.50/gal... scumbag

sorry for you loss.

I used to service the Food Lion out there for Rug Doctor when I worked for them. I live about an hour from you in Stuarts Draft. Looks like my plan is a mile long driveway, middle of the woods, with a few big dogs...

I used to service the Food Lion out there for Rug Doctor when I worked for them. I live about an hour from you in Stuarts Draft. Looks like my plan is a mile long driveway, middle of the woods, with a few big dogs...

Cool! Stuarts Draft is a nice area, been out there a few times.

its a valuable comodity over here in the UK.

Fuel theft is a huge problem, especially diesel. The lorries get targeted a lot. We have quite a high percentage of diesel cars here so theres no short supply of willing punters.

Andy.

Just goes to show you that unfortunately no matter where you live or what you drive IF the price is right you could be a target... The bug hates thieves more so then almost any other criminal!

dang, you are about 20mins from my parents (where I am today) ... I'd shoot someone if I caught them in my tank

Even with the rediculous prices for gas in NY, I havent seen or heard of this issue yet :whistle:

dang, you are about 20mins from my parents (where I am today) ... I'd shoot someone if I caught them in my tank

Even with the rediculous prices for gas in NY, I havent seen or heard of this issue yet :whistle:

Could have grabbed lunch........Did you bring the busa?

Back