What is the classifieds for you ask

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So we constantly have folks that are selling items in the forum in the forum and they typically come back and ask an admin to change the thread to sold. We put the classifieds up so that you guys can have a place to buy and sell on the site without clogging up the forum and having someone come back in to make changes.

You can now upload your own images and put a description to it and then put how you want to be contacted.

When the sale is over you can click a button and the ad goes away.

You guys can also use it for a wanted section so if there is something your looking for post it there.

We are going to really drive to get all new sales going through this method.

Try it out and let us know...

We dont make any money on this at all, its just a tool to keep track of everything.

cap

well I might be a bit slow but I am at a loss how to "Add an ad" only one catagory, and no apparent link to create a new ad..

will keep fooling around with it.. but perhaps it is only working for Admins?

well I might be a bit slow but I am at a loss how to "Add an ad" only one catagory, and no apparent link to create a new ad..

will keep fooling around with it.. but perhaps it is only working for Admins?

I just changed the permissions and you should have access now....

Tell me what other catagories you think we need and I can create them...

cap

Ok I see the added categories but still no joy on the "Add" button/link..

Randy I checked and you have access. You can see where to start from my attachment.

Cap

start.png

Last edited:
Checked it out, is this only for Busa stuff or are we opening it up for other bikes and other bike parts? We have people in here that love Busa's but have other bikes as well, also the General items category is not linked to the post a ad.

I see it now but I bet it was not there before :)

Seems the old categories were just fine before..

The whole intent on the classifieds is to get a place where members can buy and sell and it not get all cluttered up in the forums.

It will take a little time since it's new but we will get the bugs worked out. What I would like to see is members added their for sale items there starting now and we can tweak it as we go.. So if you have anything you want to sell get it up over there.....

Remember there is no cost to use this area its just a more organized way to do it. You can search for items too.

cap

in addition to my rather short list, I would say that the image files are going to need tweaked... need to get full size images either linked or showing.. the current ones are pretty useless for most items..

The new list you put together looks good, think that should do for now :beerchug: On the pics, it would probably make more sense to have higher quality pics but if they were hosted somewhere else it would save bandwith...

Back