French talking smack

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
They lost the mens relay in swimming after they talked all the smack about crushing the US.
It was as close as a race could be, but they are still number two.
The stunned look on their faces was priceless.

i saw it too. that was a photo finish if i ever saw one
beerchug.gif

2nd place is still the first loser
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

anyone that saw that race witnessed the most amazing 4x100 relay in history... probably a once in a lifetime
beerchug.gif

usaflagwave.gif

Roby(my wife who was a swimmer) was yelling so loud....it was an amazing event to watch. Michael Phelps is an amazing swimmer but he owes it all to lezak!!

anyone that saw that race witnessed the most amazing 4x100 relay in history... probably a once in a lifetime
beerchug.gif

usaflagwave.gif
I am recording every one of Phelps races because practically every time he takes to the water he is re-writing the history books. That race was absolutely amazing to watch! I was yelling at my TV on that last leg. Lezak swam the fastest split in history to run Bernard down and spank him! To watch the top 5 teams be under the world record (by 4 seconds!!!) in the same race and two of them didn't even medal! I was reading that even the guys (on the other US squad) who swam the prelim get a medal as well because of the rules! One for the age's right there! Bring on some more! If Phelps gets his 8 gold's out of this there will surely be pandemonium!

beerchug.gif

usaflagwave.gif
I am recording every one of Phelps races because practically every time he takes to the water he is re-writing the history books. That race was absolutely amazing to watch! I was yelling at my TV on that last leg. Lezak swam the fastest split in history to run Bernard down and spank him! To watch the top 5 teams be under the world record (by 4 seconds!!!) in the same race and two of them didn't even medal! I was reading that even the guys (on the other US squad) who swam the prelim get a medal as well because of the rules! One for the age's right there! Bring on some more! If Phelps gets his 8 gold's out of this there will surely be pandemonium!
It is an amazing accomplishment but I have to wonder how much those high tech "Sharkskin" suits contributed to the feat.

beerchug.gif

usaflagwave.gif
It is an amazing accomplishment but I have to wonder how much those high tech "Sharkskin" suits contributed to the feat.
Youd almost need to go back and look at when they started using them and what records have fallen since then. I am sure they help but how much is anybody's guess. Everybody is wearing them so it should equalize.

P.S. Anybody know why they wear 2 skull caps? Almost all of the Americans had two caps on during the races I have seen???

Only thing i could figure about the two skull caps was one to cover the hair, then they put their goggles on and the second one covers the strap to the goggles.

I was wonderin that too and thats all i could guess.

Only thing i could figure about the two skull caps was one to cover the hair, then they put their goggles on and the second one covers the strap to the goggles.

I was wonderin that too and thats all i could guess.
yep, just asked the girlfriend who runs a NCAA swim center, she said thats why, to keep the googles on when they dive in. Going in with everyone at the same time can knock them off just from the water being all torn up.

Back