Have you ever been disowned?

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Everyone accumulates friendly acquaintances through time,space and area you live - someone at the grocery market, the guy working the counter at the auto parts store, a person at the post office or at the dentist maybe etc etc. They really don't know much about you but always seem friendly or even happy to see you,shake your hand,some small talk etc. Once they find out you ride a motorcycle, their whole attitude toward you changes or even  "Oh,your one of those guys". Just curious, anyone ever notice or have this happen?

nope..not here..

I get that right away before they know I have a bike..

Never had that happen either. I do get the occasional lecture about riding a "crotch rocket".

My boss is terrible like this!!

When hubby & I commute on the Busa, I come in with helmet, jacket, you know the usual gear. He has to make nasty comments. Things like only white trash ride bikes. Very anti motorcycle riders.

The evil little troll just cruises around in his tiny Lexus, which makes me kinda wonder?

I could see people doing that. But it is up to YOU at that point to prove THOSE PEOPLE are just like anybody else.

[only smarter!] ;)

Never had that happen either.  I do get the occasional lecture about riding a "crotch rocket".
Since most people are older than i am, i get that lecture CONSTANTLY too, (i don't even HAVE mine yet)!
pissed.gif

I could see people doing that.  But it is up to YOU at that point to prove THOSE PEOPLE are just like anybody else.

[only smarter!]  ;)
It might be something TO DO, but is it worth the ENERGY or would it even make a DIFFERENCE to try and correct the ignorance of someone thats already made up their mind?

Never had that problem & If they acted that way then there is no sense in wasting my time even knowing them!
thumb_up.gif

I Only Disown Harley Riders...Only Because I just Don't Understand Why they Disown my M109R
moon.gif

Everyone accumulates friendly acquaintances through time,space and area you live - someone at the grocery market, the guy working the counter at the auto parts store, a person at the post office or at the dentist maybe etc etc. They really don't know much about you but always seem friendly or even happy to see you,shake your hand,some small talk etc. Once they find out you ride a motorcycle, their whole attitude toward you changes or even "Oh,your one of those guys". Just curious, anyone ever notice or have this happen?
It's not your motocycle...
poke.gif

Seriously though No, No I haven't. Most women seem intrigued, most men promptly puff their chests up and tell me stories about "I used to ride.... Then I .... But Now I...."

No attitudes change though. Except my last doctor, she decided to give me a brief lecture on how dangerous motorcycles are, I gave her a brief lecture and said "How about you stick to what you know, cause it's obvious you know nothing about motorcycles." She's not my Doctor anymore.

You want people to make judgments about you in a store or something? Buy a freaking BMW, people who used to be cool to you will hardly look at you. Folks that on the bike will wave and be all friendly, ice up when they see the car, at least until I get out. It's freaking messed up. Everyone hates BMW owners, even BMW owners for the most part. We live in a culture where success and money is expected and encouraged, but lord help you if you manage to pull off just the tiniest little bit of cheese.

I hate the term haters, but they are out there.

One other thing I think is really funny with how people treat you... I ride a Harley somewhere I get treated one way, I show up on the Busa I'll get treated another, and if I ride the Guzzi, yes even a third different attitude. Go Figure, humans are simple tribal animals... You're not in my camp Get the hell out...

I have seen it a few times from cruisers...mainly you get the occassional person who doesnt wave back or ignores you. I like leaving my mother's house gunning it b/c she is nervous with me having one as it is. Its fun aggrivating her
smile.gif
. As far as everyone else goes, man. Screw 'em. They don't pay your bills.

One other thing I think is really funny with how people treat you...  I ride a Harley somewhere I get treated one way, I show up on the Busa I'll get treated another, and if I ride the Guzzi, yes even a third different attitude.  Go Figure, humans are simple tribal animals... You're not in my camp Get the hell out...
I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been going to this "Harley" bar on Sundays for a few years for the cookouts. Always took the Hardley Dangerous. I am "aquainted" with most of the people who hangout there. I am hard to forget. 6'5" 285# and a little loud (USMC). So people remember me by sight. A few weeks ago I pulled in on the Busa because I was hungry and in the area. Man, the looks and stares and mumbling. I am thinking to myself- Self F**K these people. They know I have a F'ing Harley. What a bunch of low life scum sucking tird munching hypocritical scrotum lickers. So just to piss them off I stayed.
Sorry if this is a jack.

Back