Anxiety attacks

for over ten yrs now..they used to screw me up for days, now i find ways to distract myself.

Used to, chronic, now not as much, accidental or periodic........"Much Better"... took a while and I use no meds...
super.gif

Yes!! Severe ones!! Been having them for years. Sometimes I have to go to the ER to get a shot. Really STINKS!!
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

I only get them if I am in my truck stuck in traffic that is going no where. I just want to shut my vehicle off and just start walking.

Do you remember the movie "Falling down" with Michael Douglas? He leaves his car right on the highway in parkinglot style traffic.
Well that's me!

Yes, all too frequently. For the ones that hit when I am trying to sleep I will take an Ativan. Amazing how half a pill can make your worries go away
smile.gif

no meds here either. its a drag, taking meds gives me attacks real bad, cant fly on a airliner either, feel bad for the wife when she wants us to take a vacation.

I get them too. They suck!! Feels like you are having a heart attack and just want to die so it will end.

I have tried meditation, can not say that it does much for the attacks, but has helped with stress at times.

I have them frequently at night. It deffinitly feels like your having a heart attack 1/2 mg of xanax usally does the trick.
beerchug.gif

My mom and I both do. She has to take meds for them. They don't make the attacks go away, but they are more manageable. (Hers is due to a chemical unbalance issues) Mine is typically a situation thing. I have been having a good run on them for the last month or so. I agree with Mrs.Rubber2Burn, they feel like a heart attack. I find that getting myself distracted works best to end the attack. And then, I have to try and resolve the issue to prevent another one...

Nice to know I am not alone in these...

Back