LEO wrecks biker

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
lurk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a toughy and will draw a lot of debate and opinion...

I doubt anyone will change views

I think the cop should be reprimanded at the very least and maybe worse.. by his own admission he hit the guy because he was out of control going too fast.. (notice he ran numerous other vehicles off road chasing this guy as well)

There is not a speeding ticket in the world that warrants a death sentence IMO.. As soon as the chase became dangerous, it should have ended.. plenty of other ways to catch a runner than "hitting him with a car"

yes the guy on the bike was dead wrong, but should he be killed for it? A guy like that is either going to get caught anyway or kill himself riding like an idiot... Maybe NC should get involved with their biking community at a better level than trying to kill them with cars...

Cops in some cities around here will ram bikes that don't stop. They didn't use to but have adopted a new get tough attitude and have authorization to crash these people if they don't stop. They want to spread the fear of being crash so that less people will run. Guys are already talking about which cities are doing this.

Not saying that the LEO was totally right but the biker took on the death sentence when he ran.

And I like
lurk.gif
I'm eating some Orville right now.

This is a toughy and will draw a lot of debate and opinion...

I doubt anyone will change views

I think the cop should be reprimanded at the very least and maybe worse.. by his own admission he hit the guy because he was out of control going too fast..  (notice he ran numerous other vehicles off road chasing this guy as well)

There is not a speeding ticket in the world that warrants a death sentence IMO..    As soon as the chase became dangerous, it should have ended..  plenty of other ways to catch a runner than "hitting him with a car"    

yes the guy on the bike was dead wrong, but should he be killed for it?     A guy like that is either going to get caught anyway or kill himself riding like an idiot...   Maybe NC should get involved with their biking community at a better level than trying to kill them with cars...
true but maybe another biker will think twice about running if they know the cop will run over him.

dont get me wrong i do think it was excessive. if the dude was a fleeing criminal it would be dif.

I am not so sure the state of NC can afford the costs of intentionally running over bikes... I suspect this one is going to cost them a bundle before the dust settles...

@ZZ-HAT....should have pulled over. Endangering innocents ain't my kind of "roll"....at least he won't be getting "that" ride out of impound to go out and do it again...... Hopefully, he won't ever saddle up again !!! "PEACE !!!!"
super.gif

I don't believe in the "no chase" policy. All that does is encourage more people to run. Think about it, if EVERY person that ran got caught. A lot less people would run, what's the point.

Since a "no chase" policy encourages people to run, it is MUCH more dangerous to the public since there are more runners.

I have no problem with a patrol car ramming a bike in that situation. There is no way anyone can say that biker didn't know he was being chased. The only scenario I don't condone ramming is if there is a possibility that the rider doesn't know he's being chased.

ALL runners, YES ALL, endanger other people and should not be let go. Chase them and take them to jail.

Just friggen pull over and take your speeding ticket. And yes I have NEVER run from the cops. Its stupid, why would I?

I don't believe in the "no chase" policy. All that does is encourage more people to run. Think about it, if EVERY person that ran got caught. A lot less people would run, what's the point.

Since a "no chase" policy encourages people to run, it is MUCH more dangerous to the public since there are more runners.

I have no problem with a patrol car ramming a bike in that situation. There is no way anyone can say that biker didn't know he was being chased. The only scenario I don't condone ramming is if there is a possibility that the rider doesn't know he's being chased.

ALL runners, YES ALL, endanger other people and should not be let go. Chase them and take them to jail.

Just friggen pull over and take your speeding ticket. And yes I have NEVER run from the cops. Its stupid, why would I?
now you put judge, jury and executioner behind the wheel of a car..... like I said there are plenty of other ways to catch these guys... cameras/other cars/air

I think "Due process" is circumvented like this, but it could create a great avenue to take care of drug dealers etc... put em on a bike and say they were running.... WHAM.......

I agree this is a tough one. I to do not or will not run from the cops it is stupid but I think the cops should use a little discression when chasing some moron on a bike if it starts getting to thick like in the Video just let the guy go not worth putting the Cops, or other innocent folks lives in danger.

Unless he's a mass murderer ....the Sheriff is an azz for risking the other people chasing him. On another note.....130 mph....weak sauce.
_sheesh.gif

It's a tough one, and I do disagree with the no chase policy. However watching this video the officer could not even say that it was a remotely safe scenario to chase. He ran several cars off the road himself, and had many near misses. I don't mind him hitting the @$$clown. That was a well deserved bump. Apparently he did it with little enough force, the guy got up and ran.

All in all, I am for the police chasing, unless it's gets to be more dangerous to chase the guy. You can get him another time, or get his license plate and/or discription. Don't put the general public in danger to catch a speeder.

On the flip side, if he was a wanted felon... I don't know where you draw the line on public safety in comparison to need to chase.

I don't believe in the "no chase" policy.  All that does is encourage more people to run.  Think about it, if EVERY person that ran got caught.  A lot less people would run, what's the point.  

I have no problem with a patrol car ramming a bike in that situation.  There is no way anyone can say that biker didn't know he was being chased.  The only scenario I don't condone ramming is if there is a possibility that the rider doesn't know he's being chased.

ALL runners, YES ALL, endanger other people and should not be let go.  Chase them and take them to jail.

Just friggen pull over and take your speeding ticket.  And yes I have NEVER run from the cops.  Its stupid, why would I?
now you put  judge, jury and executioner behind the wheel of a car.....     like I said there are plenty of other ways to catch these guys... cameras/other cars/air    

I think "Due process" is circumvented like this, but it could create a great avenue to take care of drug dealers etc... put em on a bike and say they were running....  WHAM.......
I agree. Letting a few runners go isn't the end of the world.

I don't think running over all bikers who flee is going to stop them. I agree it is stupid to run (especially if you run them off the road), but there are a lot of stupid people out there. Some guy robbed a bank by my place with a duffel bag he claimed was full of explosives. All he wanted was $700... seems pretty risky and stupid to me, but he did it anyway.

He should not have ran...but the leo obviously had a boner chasing him and could not recognize the danger he was also putting all those people in. ...and there were alot of people on the road...why was the camera already there?

I'll have to remember to always carry a big bag of hammers when traveling through NC. Just trying to prevent the risk of getting smashed by a 5000lbs car with a driver in a state of rage for whatever reason he may have. Had a bad morning... don't try and run me off the road for it.

It's kinda like allowing a cop to shoot someone in the back for running away from them. At least he didn't get away, right? and hey, ya' never know the shooting might not always be fatal...

I cop has to have a higher state of training and realize when it's time to stop. You hav his plate, you know his direction, you can describe him very well, and your radio does work....

lurk.gif

I am not so sure the state of NC can afford the costs of intentionally running over bikes...  I suspect this one is going to cost them a bundle before the dust settles...
I don't think so.  A Georgia case is precedent.  A policeman in Atlanta intentionally wrecked a car that ran. The US Supreme Court ruled that the person that ran was responsible for anything that occurred during the chase since he ran.

I am noting one "conspicuously" missing board member that is heavily involved in this stuff.... you KNOW who you are....
whistling.gif

Back