Having to get a new local parts supplier

ditchdr

Registered
So I have a 2001 Ninja ZX900 in the shop I am working on.. SImple tune up relace a few broken parts and new tires.. I stock spark plugs, oil filters, air filters and misc parts.. I find that I am out of the plugs I need and my order from Tucker Rockey wont be in for a few days.. Well I use Auto Zone as a local suply house for stuff I run out of and misc shop supplies like brake cleaner, bike wash and so on..

Any how I hop in the truck and head up there to pick up 4 NGK #3521 spark plugs. Something i know they stock cause i have gotten them there many times before.. I walk in and the place is like a ghost town.. I figure everyone is busy so I look up the number on the computer hoping they have a box of them so i can have a few spare.. Well Manager lady walks up and in a very "what do you want" voice asks me what i need.. I tell here the part number and ask her for at least 4.. With out moving this sea donkey tells me they dont carry that part number.. I tell her i buy them at least once a month and I am pretty sure they have some.. Her reply was " Sir we dont carry NGK spark plugs, i have been with AZ for 5 years and we have never carried them.. I smile glance down and see the computer screen where 12 of them are showing in stock.. I thank her for her time and leave.. Drive across the street to Advance Auto pick up my plugs and call to cancel my commercial account with AZ.. Now I am sending a email to the area manager about this.. Pretty sad I bet i have spent 700 to 1000 dollars there in the past year.. Pretty sad.

Ok feel batter had to vent lol

Sometimes the clerks are worthless.

I had a friend go to my local AZ to get some Mobil 1 4T for his Busa. He looks..then ask the clerk for it...was told they do not carry it. He calls me and I say BS. I go to the store walk over to the special oil section and grab 4 qts. go up to the counter and tell them ab out my friend coming in here. They say he prolly just did find it.
firedevil.gif

Back