cops gone mad part 3

craigntx

Registered

Today, 02:38 PM #1
shagrat
Trader Rating: (14)

WTF?!! Mother Watches in Horror as Cops Shoot Family Pet, Mace Baby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mother carrying her four-month-old baby watched in horror as police doused her family's beloved pet dog Daisy in capsicum spray and then shot her dead.

Daisy had become tangled in her leash causing her to fight with the family's other dog Princess but, before Kirsten Small could intervene, plainclothes police killed the Staffy Cross.

The 32-year-old mother was carrying baby Eva in a sling on her front and the pair was covered by the capsicum spray aimed at Daisy, leaving Small fearing for her daughter's safety.

Daisy's playmate Bugsy was also with her on a leash and, like Small, was still traumatized yesterday by the shooting outside her Ermington home last Thursday.

"They shot my dog three times in front of me. They were judge, jury and executioner and it is just not right," Small said.

"I didn't know they were police, they were plainclothes, they just stopped and I was saying I needed a stick and they sprayed stuff and I was asking what are you spraying and my baby was screaming.

"She got it all over her baby carrier, it missed her eyes. I keep seeing the gun, I keep playing it back in my head.

Police confirmed senior police were investigating the incident but declined to comment further.

Two-year-old Daisy had grown up playing with Shitzus, Chihuahuas and other small dogs without incident and Small said she had also been protective of Eva in her pram.

Small's father Mick was outraged at the shooting.

"They're called Daisy and Princess, that gives you an idea of how wild they are," Mr. Small said. "It is overkill - literally."

Daisy's ashes were returned to the family this week after her body was taken to the RSPCA.

RSPCA Inspector Skye Adams confirmed she was called to see Princess and to assess her for injuries.

"There are no charges being considered with regards to the police or the owner in relation to the prevention of animal cruelty acts," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391423,00.html
thumb_down.gif

if that story is accurate, the cops are in a bit of trouble. not good for both parties.

so had the dog turned on the owner with the baby in tow (actually in front in stupid sling) would the cops be in trouble?

I hate these one sided stories that do not take the real situation into account... cop walks up, obviously dog going berserk and a lady with a baby in VERY close proximity... what do you do? maybe ... stop the dog no matter what?

Shall wait for full story myself....

so had the dog turned on the owner with the baby in tow (actually in front in stupid sling) would the cops be in trouble?

I hate these one sided stories that do not take the real situation into account... cop walks up, obviously dog going berserk and a lady with a baby in VERY close proximity... what do you do? maybe ... stop the dog no matter what?

Shall wait for full story myself....
+1 kinda hard to believe thats the whole story?

More details necessary to make a full assessment. But, to some, it could seem like the officer may have panicked.

There are always two sides to every story. What kind of dog was this?? What were the cops doing there to begin with?? Plain clothes officers don't respond to dogs tangled in their leash calls, at least not where I come from. I'm not standing up for the officers in any way. If they made a bad decision they need to be held accountable. On the other hand, if the WHOLE STORY says they did no wrong then the media should be held accountable for not reporting accurately.

When was the last time the media was A) held accountable for thier irresponsible actions and 2) reported a full story if it wasn't as good for ratings as the half story?

There are always two sides to every story. What kind of dog was this?? What were the cops doing there to begin with?? Plain clothes officers don't respond to dogs tangled in their leash calls, at least not where I come from. I'm not standing up for the officers in any way. If they made a bad decision they need to be held accountable. On the other hand, if the WHOLE STORY says they did no wrong then the media should be held accountable for not reporting accurately.
I thought there were 3 sides to most..

His story, her story and then the truth...
smile.gif

Back