Can you pass this test?

85%...85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

got 60% super drunk
beerchug.gif

got all 20 correct. But my step mom is a history/goverent teacher, and my real mom is a lawyer whos boss is a state house rep.. I tend to know a lot aobut goverment even tho I dont care lol.

Some questions, I think, don't really matter.

Like;

Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
When was the Constitution written?
Which of these was NOT among the original states?
In what month do we vote for President?
Who was president during World War I?
Who is the Chief Justice of the United States?

There'll all "trivia" questions to me. No real use for knowing the answers.

Better to know how and why the gov works and why things happened in the past than what year something happened in.

sadnews.gif

I only got 75%

But reading some of the other posts, I would have to agree, these are trivia questions that have little to do with todays government.

"Better to know how and why the gov works and why things happened in the past" but this?
biggrin.gif

Uhm, if any of us could figure out the "how and why" we would fix this place!
laugh.gif

and remember
 a Tax Payer voting for Obama
         is like
 a Chicken voting for
   Colonel Sanders!!!

jump9.gif

Some questions, I think, don't really matter.

Like;

Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
When was the Constitution written?
Which of these was NOT among the original states?
In what month do we vote for President?
Who was president during World War I?
Who is the Chief Justice of the United States?

There'll all "trivia" questions to me. No real use for knowing the answers.

Better to know how and why the gov works and why things happened in the past than what year something happened in.
Have you ever heard the saying "those who do not know the mistakes of the past, are destined to repeat them"

Don't we share history about the Hayabusa here on the org?

People post mistakes or problems they have had so others do not repeat them.

So in a small way we are all learning history. Just happens to be something we share a common interest in.

Just because some part of history does not interest us does not make it trivial.

Do you ever wonder why there were two world wars?

why would the world allow a madman like Hitler to rise to power and be allowed the means to wage war on a world wide scale.

Many people in this country then and now believe it is someone else's problem and it will not effect us "over here"

This is getting to serious..... it was just a trivia test.......

40!

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

I don't intend to be a US citizen and I don't know much about history either. Some of the questions I had correct were just luck, or from movies like "National Treasure"
biggrin.gif

Back