Trauma Buddies

TruWrecks

Banned
Last weekend I took a few stuffed animals that I had been collecting and loaded them into the bike's saddle bags. I met with a couple of friends, and we took about 35 bears, frogs, and dogs to a local fire and police station.

It was a blast! I'm going to do it every few months and see if I can get more people to ride with me.

TraumaBears.JPG

That is so AWESOME!!

I have a couple garbage bags full of stuffed animals (with tags still on them) that are waiting to be taken to the Salvation Army or such. If the Fire Stations can get better use out of them than off they go.

Side note...you would not believe the number of pink teddy bears I own. My lil guy was forecasted to be a girl up until birth...received tons of pink and lavendar gifts, then out came a boy!! We now are the owners of a TON of stuffed animals that were never even touched!! Five years later, looking to get rid of them.

Thanks everyone. I will definitely be doing it again.

Hey Mrs.R2B, The police and fire teams use the toy animals to help keep children calm when they have been in a bad trauma. Fire, domestic violence, auto crash and such are a few examples. They don't have a budget for toys so I thought it was a better use of the ones my Ex didn't want. The Salvation Army and Goodwill are both decent groups, but they will charge for the bears.

The other two riders asked if we could do these runs quarterly. I'm going to do another one in late Sept. We'll eventually have enough people helping to overwhelm the local stations. Oh, darn. Then we'll have to start riding to other cities so they can have some Trauma Buddies.

I think I'm going to call the group either PNW Trauma Buddies or Sportbike Trauma Buddies.

Thanks for spreading the word! I will be calling some of my local stations and asking if they could use some trauma buddies. I did not know, or even think about them having a need for toys, but it makes sense. Maybe like you, we could start something locally here in Texas. Just think, all because you helped spread the word!

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

Back