Need a cheap flight from Florida to Saint Louis

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know the best place to get the cheapest flights? Needing to get to Saint louis around 4th of August and head back out around 13th.

The same air travel/flight is so competitive right now they will all be within a few dollars. Only holdout is Southwest which you can only get through them.

May check on flying stand by, I know some friends that used to do that, saved a few dollars. I dont have the patience for that myself though.

May check on flying stand by, I know some friends that used to do that, saved a few dollars. I dont have the patience for that myself though.
Not with the limited flights available nowadays. He could sit there for two days and never get on a flight. Airlines have been cutting back routes and number of flights to ensure being as close to full capacity as possible.

Not with the limited flights available nowadays.  He could sit there for two days and never get on a flight.  Airlines have been cutting back routes and number of flights to ensure being as close to full capacity as possible.
Sorry Fate, rub that out. Orbitz.com?

I would get on craigslist and go to tickets and type in Voucher or rapid reward and get a rapid reward flight voucher,use them all the time.

Fate, just sent you a PM with the flight details, but I found a flight for $194.50 including taxes and fees. Not sure how that stacks up to what you have seen. It's a couple bucks cheaper for the same flights through Orbitz.

One stop on the way out on Aug. 4 and non-stop on the way back Aug. 13.

Thanks, got pm. I am seeing what I am going to do. Have to come up with $$$

Hi Everyone!

I just bought my first Busa. I got a 2006 GSX-R750. I am still learning to ride it, I have alot to learn! I am married and have two children. Try Orbitz.com for tickets. I found good prices there.Hi Everyone. John

cheapest flights? Try your Busa..Fast and easy on gas.
thumb_up.gif

A few cheap ticket kinda sites:
cheaptickets.com
pinpoint travel
lowestfare.com
lastminutetravel.com

I would also try the following:
1) look at alternative airports. If you are renting a car there or if someone is picking you up, look within the acceptible driving range. For example, flying into Houston from NYC was 1400 round trip this week. 2hrs away, Austin Tx, 700 round trip and the car rental was $200 cheaper for the week.
2) check some of the major carriers (www.aa.com) and see if they have cheaper flights on days +/- 1 or 2 days of your needed arrival/departure. Most of the main airlines will show you prices in a grid with this info. If you can go a day earlier or at ugly travel times, you can possibly save a bit of cash.
3) Avoid "hub to hub" flight routes. These would seem to be the cheapest routes since the airline flys them all the time, however these are most often the most expensive routes they have because they are direct flights. See item #1 above and then check airlines that will give you a connection flight. Another possible option, book a flight to omaha that connects in st louis and just dont get on the connection. The problem doing that is they probably wont let you on the return flight in st louis
winkold.gif

4) Look online wed morning, like 1am ET for any deals. I would try to book 14days out, however thats usually when the 'cheap' rates get loaded into the systems and there's almost always deals to be had.

Another thing... unless the orbitz, lowestfare, etc have a drastically reduced rate, try to book with the airlines directly. The reason is *IF* you have any issues, booking via a 3rd party means you have to deal with the 3rd party. If you book directly with the airline, they will service your issues at the airport (should you have any) and get you on your way before the people that booked via 3rd party groups.

FWIW, I am on planes at least 4x a week, generally 8+ flights a week so let me know if you need more info
beerchug.gif

I would get on craigslist and go to tickets and type in Voucher or rapid reward and get a rapid reward flight voucher,use them all the time.
That is really cool!!! I did not see any local ones.... I have to get to Saint Louis or atleast get my wife there to take care of some really important stuff. May not happen though..... I am going to watch craigslist for these though. Wish there was a way to check all of craigslist without having to go to every city.

Thanks Zuk for the pointers, damn, sounds like you live at the airport.....

Back