Things you can't explain ..or..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Why ask why has always been above my avatar. If you think about it you say this quite often.

I'll go first.

Many years ago I bought a Craftsman air compressor. Don't use it a lot but always nice to have in the shop.

This air compressor always leaked down to zero. Put 80 pounds in it and eventually it will leak back to zero. All fittings and lines were sealed with Teflon tape. No biggie really. Don't use air tools as a rule. Just for tires and a air nozzle.

Around three weeks ago I pumped it up and you guessed it. Holds air! Has not leaked a pound.  
rock.gif

"Why ask why?

Next.

r8

problem with lawn mower not starting. put a little starting fluid in it and it starts up. great fixed. turn it off put side shoot back on and go to fire it back up and now it will only run for 2 sec. will fire everytime but only for 2 sec.
guns.gif
took filter cover and filter out to check fuel delivery and it just wants to flood real bad. forget it. let it sit a day go to start it back up and wallah it starts and runs GREAT. shut it off put filter back in and cover back on side and go to start again and this time wont turn over at all.
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
filter is perfect. new fuel line. took carb off 3x and all looks fine.
guns.gif
WHY? I ask. WHY? just makes no sense. was JUST running great. shut it off start again and NOTHIN

firedevil.gif

guns.gif

Lawn Mowers.....
firedevil.gif

Mine will run for about 5 minutes like a champ, then sputter and quit. Pump the primer bulb a couple times, runs like a champ for about another 5 minutes, repeat same step every 5 minutes or so until done..... Everything has been changed out, replaced, cleaned, etc.. No Love from the mower gods.....
pirate.gif

unloader valve on your compressor finally cleared itself and seals..

How did murphy get credit for anything/everything that can/does go wrong?

I was down on Cape Cod this weekend, trying to leave at 2am, needed gas. Not a single gas station was open. Asked a cop, he replied no, there was no gas to be had. Asked a towing guy he stated that the town had passed an ordinance to have every placed closed from 1am to 4:30am to keep bad elements from gathering. Apparently there is a unreported crime wave on Cape Cod to the extent that law abiding folks can't get gas. What's up with that.

here is one. My wife was bitching all the time when i wnted to buy ths busa. Now she asked every weekend when were taking it out!! Why ask why lol

...... pffff.....

.......... women.............

.... nuff said!...

hahahaha
biggrin.gif

problem with lawn mower not starting. put a little starting fluid in it and it starts up. great fixed. turn it off put side shoot back on and go to fire it back up and now it will only run for 2 sec. will fire everytime but only for 2 sec.
guns.gif
took filter cover and filter out to check fuel delivery and it just wants to flood real bad. forget it. let it sit a day go to start it back up and wallah it starts and runs GREAT. shut it off put filter back in and cover back on side and go to start again and this time wont turn over at all.
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
filter is perfect. new fuel line. took carb off 3x and all looks fine.
guns.gif
WHY? I ask. WHY? just makes no sense. was JUST running great. shut it off start again and NOTHIN
My mower does the SAME DAMN THING!
banghead.gif

If you ever figure it out, let me know.

firedevil.gif

guns.gif

when individuals complain about a particular problem but offer no solutions ... that makes me ask why ask why

Back