Taking life events to your grave..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
The first thing I was told when moving to Arizona is check your shoes before putting them on. You know, the ones on the patio or in the garage for those quick trips to the mailbox or store.

I have lived in this house close to 20 years. I get it professionally sprayed once a month. Critters are big out here and quite frankly, Mikki hates bugs!

Today, having my first coffee and smoke (I don't smoke in the house) out in front of the tool box I see this.
wowold.gif

Wheee...don't need coffee now! I'm pumped up big time!
winkold.gif

It was moving slow (half dead) otherwise I might not have been able to throw a bucket over it. I followed up with a ballpean hammer and quickly moved this nasty critter to a unseen location.
thumb_up.gif

Yup, I'll take this to my grave because if Mikki knew she would not step foot in that garage.

This is only the second one I have seen around the house but never this big. Next spray I will pull the "bug man" off to the side and advise.

Sorry, didn't put a ruler by this critter but it was 4 to 5 inches long.

Check your shoes!
winkold.gif

r8

View attachment 1592816

winkold.gif

hey john i breed gila monsters have you ever seen any in the wild out there. I had to get special licensing because they are a protected species now.

We had one of those in a box in our storage unit a couple of weeks ago. I just put the box with him in it in the trash.

nice rattlers lol. im into breeding venomous species of reptiles. I sell alot to zoos etc and to the Miami dade anti venom bank. I have in my basement Gabbon vipers, Black mambas, Jamesons Mambas, Gila Monsters, Albino monocole cobras etc. Took some herpetology courses in College and then recieved all permits and certifications for the proper husbandry of the species i keep.

nice rattlers lol. im into breeding venomous species of reptiles. I sell alot to zoos etc and to the Miami dade anti venom bank. I have in my basement Gabbon vipers, Black mambas, Jamesons Mambas, Gila Monsters, Albino monocole cobras etc. Took some herpetology courses in College and then recieved all permits and certifications for the proper husbandry of the species i keep.
Thanks for the heads up!

I won't be stopping for coffee.
tounge.gif

r8

laugh.gif
John... check your easterly facing walls in the AM that get the morning sun...
whistling.gif

we used to see quite a few in the AM warming up... (do not think I have ever seen "just one" either if that makes you feel any better)
rofl.gif

Gila monsters? I have seen 3 in my life... 30+ years of Sonora desert life

laugh.gif
John...  check  your easterly facing walls in the AM that get the morning sun...
whistling.gif

we used to see quite a few in the AM warming up...  (do not think I have ever seen "just one" either if that makes you feel any better)
rofl.gif

Gila monsters?  I have seen 3 in my life... 30+ years of Sonora desert life
That's not nice Mr. Bogus.  Funny, but not nice.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
John...  check  your easterly facing walls in the AM that get the morning sun...
whistling.gif

we used to see quite a few in the AM warming up...  (do not think I have ever seen "just one" either if that makes you feel any better)
rofl.gif

I'm pretty sure the abandon house to the East of me is full of them.

I will not be taking a black light to check however.
winkold.gif

If this gets worse I will call on the City.

r8

laugh.gif
whistling.gif

rofl.gif

That's not nice Mr. Bogus.  Funny, but not nice.  
laugh.gif
Never just one. Where there are one there are many.

r8

laugh.gif

John, leave the blacklite in the closet, you do not need that trauma
rofl.gif

glowing little blobs moving across the ground will ruin you for life...
laugh.gif

there really is an upside, they eat a lot of bugs

pics man PICS
snakes are the sk!t

Back