Wall - E

Mrs.Rubber2Burn

The Diet Coke of Evil!!!
Donating Member
Registered
We are finally taking our lil man to see "Wall-E". He has been counting down until the movie's release, and we have been so busy the last two weekends we are just now getting around to go see it. I have read mixed reviews: "It's the best movie of the year" and/or "The movie was very boring, no speaking for almost the first hour. I felt like walking out and leaving early."

So if anyone has seen it, please post up and tell me if you enjoyed it or not.

if you are watching it as a cartoon only, it will likely bore you.. if you watch it as a movie with some message, you will see that there is actually quite a bit of story IMO..

I would venture more in to what I saw in the story line but I would rather not kick out any spoilers..

It is NOT a movie for the brain dead for sure..

The kids in the audience seemed to really like it as it does appeal graphically and does contain a "story line" on the surface that kids can follow...

The sub-plot is another story.. Some teenagers and a few adults "might" get it right away.. I think most will have to stop and think about it to catch what I think was the "adult" story...

I would give it a 3 of 4 cylinders on the Busa scale...

My 4 year old daughter loved it. She wanted to go see it again. I didn't see it, my wife did.

What Bogus said. Good movie, and the adults will pick up on the story line. The kiddos will see something else.

it's fine.  I didn't find it as touching as other Pixar flicks, but I definitley enjoyed it.  kids in the audience enjoyed it. I didnt mind the lack of dialog, but that's me.

It's pretty safe on the KIDS LEVEL
http://www.kids-in-mind.com/w/walle.htm
their descriptions could include spoilers

I found there were times in the movie where i was thinkin to myself, ok get on with it. it was kinda drawn out, but not a bad movie.

My wife and I have taken our 2 year old daughter twice. GREAT MOVIE. Mr. Bogus is very correct that it does have somewhat of a message in it. It's also kind of a wake up call to what MAY happen to our Earth if we continue to abuse it the way we do today. But, I'm not going to get into that. It definitely has some good entertainment value as well.
beerchug.gif

BTW-ever seen the 80's movie Short Circuit? WALL-E reminds me of the robot in that movie Number Five (is Alive).
laugh.gif
So if you liked that movie, u might find some resemblance in WALL-E.

Thanks for the reviews y'all! My lil man is sooo ready for daddy to get home. At four and a half he has the whole evening planned....

First we will have dinner at McDonald's (because THEY have the Kung Fu Panda toys in the Happy Meals) and then to the movie theatre to see Wall-E.

HPIM0213.JPG

my 9,7 and 3 year old loved it.... and so did the wife and I!
thumb_up.gif
lurk.gif

Back