woohoo!!

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
So I come home for lunch today knowing that my new Gold face shield is in the mail and it was....

AND another big box that weighs like 10 lbs...

well wtf is this? I usually know when I have stuff coming in the mail..

WELL... not always, John (Runeight) sent me a box of "authentic" giant (like 20") tortillas!

This is stuff you do not find in the midwest (all mass produced miniature stuff)

So I get to break out my iron griddle (you can eat tortillas right out of the fridge but I was brought up taking them off the flat griddle) and mix up some green chili for burrito mix

Thanks John!! (dang you did not fool around... I broke the package down and froze 2/3 of them..

DSC_0002-1.JPG

beerchug.gif

Now, I'm hungry!
drools.gif

There used to be a place where i grew up that would make fresh tortillas like that and fill them with barbacoa de cabeza, lengua or cachete for a couple dollars.  
drools.gif

There used to be a place where i grew up that would make fresh tortillas like that and fill them with barbacoa de cabeza, lengua or cachete for a couple dollars.
drools.gif
I grew up on texmex and the barbacoa de cabeza is something you do not want to see cooked... gads man, i can do tripe, oysters, but the cabeza... yuk (hint to non-speakers) "loco in the cabeza"

Well I got to get out to the grill, mesquite fire for pork loin to break down into green chili for burritos..
laugh.gif

Did they survive? I was under a tight time frame but wrapped the best I could at the time.

r8

Easy Green Chili..

Four (4) pounds pork steak. (pork assortment pack works also.)
One (1) large onion.
One (1) 28 oz. can green chili (medium hot)
One (1) 4 oz. can Jalapeño peppers.
One (1) 12 oz. jar of green salsa. (medium hot)
One (1) tsp. ground cumin.
One (1) tsp. granulated garlic.

Salt to taste. Cook 4 to 5 hours to make it thicken. You can add a few boiled potatoes if desired to thicken however I just cook it down until it looks about right. I also add the water contents from the cans listed above.

Easy, quick and delicious.

r8

pretty darn close to my recipe.. (pics to follow
smile.gif
)

I use pork seasoned with Goya Sazon and grill over mesquite till done, allow to rest and then small cube it out into the onion, fresh garlic, oregano, cumin and then cook for 2 hours in about 4 cups water mixed with 2 tbl spoons of beef base.. add green peppers while simmering (3-5 fresh depending on how hot they are)..

I use fresh Jalapeño (grown here) and fresh garlic.. I also sauce it with green chili sauce (enchilada style) and thicken with cornstarch if needed..

four 7oz cans of green chili's
Goya Sazon
Cumin
touch of oregano
large onion
4 cloves garlic
3lbs Pork
Jalapeño peppers
Green chili sauce
4 cups water w/beef base

I can't satnd it ....I'm enroute...............how far from OKC to Ft. Wayne?

Ok John...

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="800" height="533" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&captions=1&noautoplay=1&RGB=0x000000&feed=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2F1gighost%2Falbumid%2F5221929039726878305%3Fkind%3Dphoto%26alt%3Drss" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

rofl.gif

Love the last picture!
laugh.gif

Randy, I figured some would dry out and some would damage so I bought 2 dozen for insurance.

I hope they were still fresh. We can do 12 inch next time.
winkold.gif

Food looks great but your burrito rolling skills are..well practice up.

r8

rofl.gif

Love the last picture!
laugh.gif

Randy, I figured some would dry out and some would damage so I bought 2 dozen for insurance.

I hope they were still fresh. We can do 12 inch next time.
winkold.gif

Food looks great but your burrito rolling skills are..well practice up.

r8
I used the outer ones that dried up... they did not fair so well on the roll so they got more of a "fold".. taste the same and no waste this way
smile.gif

I normally use the filling/fold in half/fold end and roll leaving one end open..
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back