new law in SC

ditchdr

Registered
Today the Governor signed into law that motorcycles can drive through a red light intersection after waiting for 2 minutes if there is no other traffic.. Good thing cause i have sat at a red light before on a HD untra classic ( think big) and it did not change... Will save me a lot of time from being albe ot go through instead of going right and turning around..

Where in SC do you live? I'm in Simpsonville, if you know where that is. I heard about his law a while back. Glad to know they passed it. I've been runnin lights for a while now. You can get stopped either way. Most places a U-turn is illegal, so you'd either get stopped for runnin a red light or performing an illegal U-turn.

I live in Charleston. Yeah I know where Simpsonville is.. I have famil in Greer as well as Simpsonville.. Lays name is Guy. Figureit being a small town you might know them.. Also have a lot of laps in at Greer Dragway

Cool, now I can run that red-light at 290 and Wade Hampton at the Taco Bell with out fearing getting a ticket. It seems to change when im riding the Busa but it never wants to change when im on the VFR coming home from work at 2am.

the one at the entrance of my neighborhhod is the worse.. I have sat there on a HD ultra for 20 minutes beacuse there was a cop across the street just waiting for me ot run the light.. Dorchester and Archdale is the intersection BTW..

I think it would me mighty wise to print a copy of the new law and carry it with you for a little while tho lol..

I think I read somewhere that in Texas if you sit through it 2 times you can go through....as long as it is clear of course.

I almost used it once...but a car came up beside me and triggered the light. I was kind of wanting to run it.
cool.gif

You mean I was supposed to wait for a law to be passed before I ran redlights?
firedevil.gif

Hmmmm, never stopped me before, now it's legal (to a degree).

Back