Half way there

ditchdr

Registered
so last year was a bad year around the ditvh house, shop closed up, I was laid off from my job, and had 2 car payments a bike payment and a pretty high house payment.. Wiht no income we dipped into our emergency fund.. I found a job serving tables at Applbees, and to my suprise i make pretty good money.. A few trips to the ER for diffrent things such as alergic reactions, kid getting wicked sick out of no where and so on..

Any how,, Jessica and I pulled our boot straps tight and put our nose ot the grind stone.. I kept working on bikes at the ohuse, I bought and sold a few bikes, put all but the money needed ot pay bills in a debt account and started knocking down debt at a alarming rate.. I sold the big Dodge 1500 bought jessica a 2005 4 door car in cash, and I sold the Busa..

Well long story short,, everything,, is paid off except the house.. and we are working on having it paid for in the next 5 years. It feels so good knowing that almost everything we have is OURS,, not the bank, no one but ours..

Ok sorry just had ot tell someone and well the computer was on lol..

Thats awesome dude! Currently I still owe $105,000 on my house, $11,000 on the Busa, $300 on the VFR and $5000 in credit card debt. Maybe one day. I need to get rid of that credit card but i swear its like "the one ring" I just can't seem to toss it into mt doom! Its my precious!

I feel ya man... my only debt is my house... everything else is paid for and it is really a nice feeling... Congrats.. (I think debt free is the feeling of freedom myself)

Way to go man! Being debt free is like putting down a pair of 250lb dumbells. Everything is so much easier that way...

I love it,, I get to wake up tomorrow knowing I only have a house as debt right now.. But with the momentum we have we are gonna take all the extra money we have from paying off creit cards, cars, furnture accounts, and other small debt and have the house paid off in 5 years, maybe 4 if we really scrimp..

I love that I between Jessica and I we make just under 60K a year and everyone flips out that we paid everything off so quick..

Maybe have that new Busa soon.

Very happy for you, Juli and I hope to be there one day.
beerchug.gif

I'll never be debt free, we have no discipline. I hate scrimping and always having to watch my budget, for what, to have money for when I'm old, I want to live now while I'm (semi) young. I figure just making payments will always be part of my life. Of course I know this is bad planning and I'll surely be singing a different tune and regret this line of thought if I were to lose my job.

congrats to you. but it seems like every time I just about get caught up something breaks or happens to set me back again. Life I guess. I hope to be free of debt in 10 years, but who knows what will happen, until then, week by week.
sad.gif

Man, that's an awesome story ... especially that both of you really worked together for it! Not to mention that you were thinking of the little one. Congrats, and I hope you both can find a little reward at the end of your pursuit.
thumb_up.gif

Back