Addicted to RC toys!

landmissle

Registered
I think I need therapy! Anyway, picked up another plane and a emaxx rc truck. I ran the truck for the first time during my lunch hour at work yesterday in front of my building. Some of my coworkers said they almost fell out of there seats when they saw my rc truck blasting around past the fronts windows. One guy said he almost spit his coffee out. Entertainment is free!

The high tech nature of some of these modern toys is really cool. This truck hauls ass! I'm a seasoned rc'r and I had trouble keeping it straight at first due to its high speed (30+ mph). Its 4 wheel drive with dual motors with a 14.8v dual battery set up. I could probably pull my 2 yr old daughter around in her wagon with this.

emaxx.jpg

Add a set of Revolver 970 motors and add 15+ mph to your top speed. I did that to my Emaxx and it is insane!

4500mah 7 cell packs, I havent run the 970's with the 3000mah 6 cell packs I have so I really cant compare run time.

If you go with the 970's.....figure in a new EVX. 1st weekend running them fried my stock one. Plus you will need to change from the Tamiya connectors, they will melt....

I know what you mean. last year i bought t-maxx 3.3, man does
that thing fly. 45+ mph,4wd,2 speed tranny. i love when that
thing shifts into second gear.I bought a rollcage for mine,I
leave the body off all the time now.no pics just search the web
for a pic or maybe someone will post one up.

I don't have any electric trucks. All of mine are nitro. I have a Revo with a Picco .26 Max, a Mayhem, a Turmoil, and a 3.3 Jato (which is controlled chaos at best). I have been having trouble finding time to run them lately, but I hope to soon!!

I forgot to mention I use 20% nitro fuel,that stuff stinks so
I put the rootbeer additive in it,smells good going by now.
ThumbsUp.gif

I may do a nitro car at some point. My heli take 30% nitro. That and all the planes I fly takes enough time. I wanted a truck I could hit my front yard or during lunch time that wasn't too loud!

Have to love these things. I have 3 REVOs and 1 T-MAXX. They are a blast. Plus I got into airbrushing custom bodies. Heck even sold one to a guy in Japan!

These are ALMOST as addicting to mod as the Busa

yeah i used to race pancars years ago i still have alot of the usuall things like radio's servos stuff like that i would like to get a gas one sometime i think it would be a blast i did have a 1/4 scale that i used to race in springfeild it is a blast

I've had a couple Revo's, 1/8th scale buggies and now have a 1/16th scale Losi Mini-T and an Associated T-4 truck both running Lipo batteries and brushless systems and they haul ass and get around 30-40 minute run times.

I've been thinking of getting the CRT.5 and going back to Nitro but the electrics are almost fool proof now

yeah i used to race pancars years ago i still have alot of the usuall things like radio's servos stuff like that i would like to get a gas one sometime i think it would be a blast i did have a 1/4 scale that i used to race in springfeild it is a blast
I raced an RC10L on carpet for several years back in the day. Gas 1/10 cars and trucks were just coming into being when someone broke into my house and relieved me of all of my stuff. Transmiter, cars, truck, tool box, everything. I never replaced the stuff then all the tracks here folded, but it was sure fun while it lasted.
ThumbsUp.gif

wish I had the extra time and money for it. Those are awesome. Nobody out grows r/c
beerchug.gif

I used to fly helicopter. Really hard to do. I never really got that good at it! So in lamens terms,,, I sukked!
beerchug.gif

Back