Windows Vista...

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody else agree?

I had automatic updates turned off. I installed a fresh copy of McAfee and said.."let's check updates".

Are you kidding me!
wowold.gif
50 megs!
wowold.gif

This thing has been rebooting and configuring for two frikken days!

Why didn't I buy a Mac! Oh why!

r8

wowold.gif

correct i run vista from launh never a problem john if u need any help shoot me a message

I'm not having any "problems" it's just that Vista is a lousy operating system compared to XP.

Click this..click that..permissions..allow..what a joke. It took 35 minutes last night and 35 minutes this morning updating before I could do anything.
wowold.gif

No..Vista is junk IMO.

r8

Vista is a nightmare, but it's getting better because Microsoft is beating everyone into submission. Even Microsoft employees hate it.

john aggreed to one point vista had alot of security fixes a fresh install will have to take all the updates as well as service pack 1. I just did mine 2 weeks ago when a hard drive died. it takes a while but once done it runs great.

what vista are u running?

You can cancel User Access Control so it won`t ask you every time you click something.

go to user accounts and turn it off. after that it will be as easy as XP.

guns.gif
Vista

I want to use it to get used to it but the changes made don't make sense not to mention the issues you refer too. Everyone I know is moving back to XP...not a success for MS IMHO

guns.gif
Vista

I want to use it to get used to it but the changes made don't make sense not to mention the issues you refer too. Everyone I know is moving back to XP...not a success for MS IMHO

Windows 98 was a good system. I'm going to install Windows 95 so I can play Doom again!

I always felt good after 200 killings.  
laugh.gif

r8

guns.gif
Vista

Windows 98 was a good system. I'm going to install Windows 95 so I can play Doom again!

I always felt good after 200 killings.  
laugh.gif

r8
You can play Doom on Vista... ;)
DOS version or the new one?

The new one makes me dizzy.
laugh.gif
To much movement.

r8

laugh.gif

You can cancel User Access Control so it won`t ask you every time you click something.

go to user accounts and turn it off. after that it will be as easy as XP.
The problem with turning off UAC is that not only do you turn off the ridiculas promting of everyting small thing you turn it off for the big issues too. UAC is a major bad design flaw, anyone in the security business can't turn this off as many regulations for things like PCI require that you have all security features turned on.

So........

Vista Runs slower than XP
Vista requires more resources
Vista security is a nightmare

They went to market too soon and burned bridges with consumers and businesses. We are a Microsoft reseller, and I can tell you that I have tested them all in varying conditions and everytime we go back to XP.......

As time goes on things will get better but for now I would never recommend Vista to anyone.

cap

Back