AT THE BAR

trekfuel

Registered
I have 5600 kms /3500 mile on my new busa...... at the wear bars on the rear tire.
Question,  how many miles are you guys and gals getting on you rear tire.. and front?
thanks

oldtire.JPG

3,500 Miles on the Rear, Bridgestone BT56. I guess it's all part of the Cost of Riding !!!!!

Don't expect many more miles than stock out of the Pilot Power. You will however enjoy the cornering abilities provided by that tire. I just put Bridgestone BT-021's on front and rear and noticed a very neutral turning reaction. Well I have to work a little more to turn whereas the Pilot Power fell into turns much easier. You should enjoy them but mileage wise their life expectancy is a short one at least from my experience.

3K on stock tire, averaged 2500 on pilot power rear and 2 rears to 1 front. Running my 1st set of Avon Storms and have 4K an them 80% 2 up and still got about another 1K on the rear. Front is showing no wear.

Well, I hope this post has completely confused you, Mr. Author.

Varied opinions and experiences on tires abound like molecules in the air. :whistle:

I've gone from Pilot Powers to Pilot Road2s and LOVE them. Hard centers and soft sides. Great in the twisties (and) straight up riding. A bit more $$ but should be worth it with the extra mileage I'll get out of them. PPs wore down the centers too soon and Pilot Roads (old ones) wore great down the center but didn't corner very well.

Back