Sunday afternoon fun at the Gun Range!

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
I've been promising to take Dee (my girlfriend) to the gun range for a while to let her shoot a gun for the first time ever and to teach her how to shoot.  Plus, I just bought my brand new Springfield Armory XD .40 cal Sub-Compact BI-TONE and I had to get out there and put a few rounds thru it.

Here's the pics!

Pic 1 of 12...
New Springfield Armory .40 cal XD SUB-COMPACT.
Has a 3 inch barrel, many safety features. Excellent weapon...you'll see why in a few pics...

101_1218.jpg

Pic 2 of 12
Me lining up with the Glock 17 9mm, showing Dee proper grip and stance (well, im no expert, but it works for me)

101_1214.jpg

Pic 4 of 12
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I dont care who you are, thats just sexy right there![/quote]

101_1217.jpg

Pic 5 of 12
I let her fire a few random into the box, put up a target, talked her thru it, and this was the result...WOW!
Oh, we are @ 3yrds (9ft) which is the first qualifying distance at CHL class.

101_1216.jpg

Pic 6 of 12
Me lining up for the first time with the SA .40 cal! Lets see how she shoots RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX...

101_1220.jpg

Pic 7 of 12
Ok, this is the FIRST 10 rounds thru this pistol @ 5 yrds (15ft).  I'd say she is VERY RELIABLE!!
(i pull a slight bit to the right, just closer to the heart..)

101_1227.jpg

Pic 9 of 12
This pic turned out AWESOME! The Glock 17 9mm is equipped with a Crimson Trace laser and you can see the red dot...not photoshopped i promise! Dee did very very well yesterday!

101_1230.jpg

Pic 10 of 12
Once we got her settled down, breathing correctly and SQUEEZING the trigger instead of jerking it, she did very well!

This is 11 rounds @ 5yrds (15ft) which is the second qualifying distance at the CHL class.

101_1223.jpg

Pic 12 of 12
Last one, random shot.

Was an AWESOME day at the range (pistol pit).
I was more than impressed by the handling, accuracy, and all around feel of the SA .40 cal sub-compact. Trigger pull was easy, only 3-5lbs. Not much recoil, which suprised me for a 3" barrel.

I would highly recommend the Springfield Armory XD pistols to anyone looking for a good handgun, and in particular the sub-compact if you plan on carrying concealed.

101_1234.jpg

i like the spfld. compact. she looks like a pretty good shot, watch your back when you piss her off.
thumb_up.gif

I looked at the S&W Schism, grip was just a bit too big for my hands. SA .40 cal is noticeably smaller, even smaller than the grip on my Glock. Ergonomically, the distance between the rear of the grip and trigger is smaller too, allowing me to get the true part of my index finger on the trigger, keeping me from pulling to the right as bad

love the look of the s&w though

I looked at the S&W Schism, grip was just a bit too big for my hands.  SA .40 cal is noticeably smaller, even smaller than the grip on my Glock. Ergonomically, the distance between the rear of the grip and trigger is smaller too, allowing me to get the true part of my index finger on the trigger, keeping me from pulling to the right as bad

love the look of the s&w though
thanks! it's the m&p model which has a small,med. or large grip size that all come w/ the piece. this is also designed for lefty or righty. i looked at a few including the s.a. but i figured why not buy local.
thumb_up.gif

I have the Springfield XD9 and i love it also the S&W sigma40 and 2 others but i love the XD the best good pics man

Back