MotoGP silly season is beginning!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I think he should go for Ducati Factory Team and the Yamaha Tech 3 as a back up.

He's out of Repsol for sure and the Yamaha Fiat team will stay with Rossi and Lorenzo for sure.

Ducati Factory Team will be more risky than Tech 3, but Ducati Factory team is more competitive for winning than Tech 3.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/getVote.jsp?pn=nick0618

I doubt the Duc team will take him
winkold.gif
. They already have Stoner as their #1 (in $$$$ also), and I doubt Hayden will go as second fiddle
boohoo.gif
. I think
sadnews.gif
 Kawi would be good for him. Lots of $$$$$, he's good at developement (Like Edwards) and could make a real Name for his self
hello.gif
. But, No main player now needs a second #1 rider
fight.gif

Just my
2cents.gif

This is a tough one. Hayden and Melandri are both having terrible seasons for completely different reasons.Hayden is on a bike that clearly is not built for him (or anyone else in the paddock)and he is struggling. Melandri is likewise on a bike that was not built for him but not nearly to the extreme of the Honda. Both of them are proven race and championship winners. Is Hayden a good fit for the Ducati? I think so just because of the fact that the Ducati "seems" to be the least "reigned in" of the factory bikes. By that I mean that it seems in watching stoner that he is able to do what he wants with it without being hampered by the electronics or even the bureaucracy of the Honda/Repsol "situation". Dorna is Spanish, Repsol is Spanish, Pedrosa is Spanish, Puig is Spanish, and Honda is ....not Spanish. The Ducati team is predominantly a purist effort. You can see it in the pits, those guys are passionate about this crap!!! I think Nicky could do a whole lot worse than Ducati! For his own sake he needs to walk away from Honda while he can. Melandri ... I am not sure what is going on there? But with Gibernau back in the fold at Ducati he may get the hook before the season is even over? It all seems to date back to Laguna last year when he got his boot tore off and hurt himself. He really hasn't had much since.

I think Hayden on the Desmosedici WILL BE A GREAT FIT!! Nobody saw Stoner coming, but he's admitted many times that his riding style is a lot more agressive than most and you have the wrestle the thing around to get it to go fast. Hayden is pretty agressive style wise too. I think more so than Melandri. I see a great future for Hayden if he goes Ducati.

Nicky wants to run the air-valve engine in Donnington, but said the Team will decide. Pedrosa is definitley staying with the spring-valve, so I think this is perfect. Honda should let Nicky run the new engine and see what comes out of it.

But who knows what they'll do...

I definitely think Ducati is a good move, as long as its on the Factory Team.

There may not be an AMA to come back to if things keep progressing (regressing) the way they are now. I just read an interview with Livio Suppo (Ducati Team Boss) and He is saying that they are stuck (my words, not his) with Melandri through the 09 season so that effectively eliminates the factory Ducati seat for Nicky.

For those who think AMA
wowold.gif
, just why would Nicky want to come back to the New DMG Club Racing Format
puke.gif
. Maybe SBK
dunno.gif
, but NEVER AMA
tissue.gif

For those who think AMA
wowold.gif
, just why would Nicky want to come back to the New DMG Club Racing Format
puke.gif
. Maybe SBK
dunno.gif
, but NEVER AMA
tissue.gif
No question there. The only way you will ever see Nicky Hayden race again in this country is in MotoGP, WSBK or perhaps he will come back and try to get his mile win someday?

MotoGP is kind of a strange place right now. Not really many front line rides open, not much in the way of talent (Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Stoner, Dovioso level anyways) brewing in the 250 series to feed it like in years past. Most of the WSBK guys have been to MotoGP before and are on the downhill run. But at the same time there are a few guys in MotoGP that you have to say now or never to. What does the future hold? Who knows, but I bet you will see a major rush of American talent on the continent next year! Spies, Hayes, and Zemke are already rumored to be on the way out the door. I can only imagine Hacking and a few others will be right behind em.

Now if I could just get the races in HD! Dish Network is taking there sweet time in getting Speed in HD and I am growing impoatient!

Read that interview with the Ducati boss as well. Pretty much all Factory Teams that are any good are not available to Nicky. So that leaves;

Ducati satellite team
Yamaha satellite team
Factory Kawasaki
Factory Suzuki
WSBK

Spies made his MotoGP Debut today and it sounds like he impressed a few people. Only 17th overall thus far but that is on a track, bike, tires, suspension and brakes he has never seen before. For him to be at the 1:30's at Donnington is remarkable.To put it in perspective he is on the same second as Lorenzo and Elias and that aint bad. More to come with more seat time I have no doubt.

Go Elbowz!  
boxing.gif

Spies1.jpg

nicky is getting treated like a b**** by repsol. i dont care where he goes as long as he tells them to get bent!! for pete's sake he was the world champion just 2 years ago. if they think little danny is the answer i feel for 'em.

He should probably retire or go NASCAR, let's face it, he will never challenge for the Championship again, his first one was a fluke, pure and simple.

Flame on
firedevil.gif

Maybe he should go back to dirtbikes, where sliding around corners is useful!

Back