Flip up helmets/modular

DR1300R

Keep On Trucking
Donating Member
Registered
Looking at buying a flip up/modular helmet.. What cha got? pros and cons, different brands..

Looking at maybe this one; http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/caberg-justissimo/

or maybe this one; http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2....genesys

also the Zox genesys?

dunno.gif
dunno.gif

dunno.gif

i been wanting one of these too. the hjc one is the only one ive tried on. it was a little hard releasing the face to lift up. probably just something you have to get use to doing just right. i like the integrated sunvisor. option

I have one (HJC) and have had it several years.

Pros:
Flip up allows for easy conversations at the light.
Flip up allows for quick cool down in by lifting up for a few minutes.

Cons:
These are Not quiet helmets.
These are NOt quiet helmets.
These are NOT quiet helmets.

My next helmet will be a full face, mainly becuase of noise. Even with earplugs, they are noticibly louder than full face lids.

I've got a KBC. Great during the hot summer months but less protection if you crash and can be a bit uncomfortable. My favorite helmet is the scorpion EXO-700, best buy...

I've always been afraid of wrecking in one, if they would stay locked. I don't know enough about them but a pretty face like mine is too hard to replace.
laugh.gif

Had a Nolan flip face hemet.. When I went down I went face first.. the helmet did break, but did not come apart. I broke my jaw where the helmet pushed up against me.. I cant fault the helmet and i guess it did its job..

Thats what I was thinking,,, but as hurt as I was after that accidnet,, my chin was the least of my worries

Thanks for the for all the feedback guys, Had something else come up. helmet is on the back burner for now..
sad.gif

I have a Nolan N102. It is N-Comm compatable. I really like it. I do not wear it much on the Busa, but I do wear it on the Harley a lot. It is anice helmet, fit is good and less noise than my HJC on the Busa.

I had a modular and hated the weight so much that I stopped wearing it. It just wasn't worth it. I'd say that if you don't have a deformed/misshaped head, get a regular helmet.

Needless to say, I now wear a HJC AC-12 (all carbon).

hahaha but doyle i had one before and yeah it was great you could flip it open to light up faster but i hated it it seemed to shimmy at high speeds just my opinion

well you are old

Back