Stealerships

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
I finally met a guy today that lives about 5 miles from me and has a 08 black and orange Busa. He has done a few mods including a set of Yosh slip ons. During our conversation he told me the local dealer charged him $1100.00 including labor for these. I nearly broke my jaw when it hit the ground from disbelief. I figure the stuff for the K8's is costing a little more but for slipons? How do the dealers sleep at night knowing they are screwing people sssooo badly??
rant.gif

I invited him to join us here and promised him we would try to steer him away from any future fleecing. Also told him our site sponsors would go out of their way to give him a good deal on whatever he needs and\or wants.

R77 carbon slip-ons are 1099 retail... that's Yoshimuras price, not the dealers..  just checked the yoshimura site to see if there was more to the story...  as much as it feels good to mouth off and rant about "stealerships".. the truth may be he paid 1100 because that's what they cost...  and if he paid 1100 for a ten year old pair of RS3 aluminum cans then he's just a moron... and it would be hard to feel sorry for him in that case too

Dunno what you think you're on about but $1100 for some quality Slip-ons installed doesn't sound out of line...

Stealership??? Yeah you'd have a hell of a time getting your Busa in your garage without one yeah? I've always found that you get what you give. You head into a Brick and Mortar with your "stealership" attitude and they can see you coming all puffed up thinking your clever. You will likely have an experience that's exactly what you were expecting it to be...

However, you head into a Brick and mortar like you're an enthusiast and happy to be there and your experience will likely reflect this also...

Back