Women

JR'S BUSA

The BMW Parts Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I have noticed alot of threads lately that say that your guys women are getting bikes. I don't necessarily want her to get a bike, but i'd like it if she would go for a ride with me once in a while. She don't care that if I have the bike or go ride it, but she wants nothing to do with it. Is there something I can do to change her mind ?

NO, if she does not want one, dont force the issue at all. Period. She will let you know if she wants her own bike. If you are asking if she will ride 2 up, then start off on small rides and gradually make them longer. DO NOT CRACK THE THROTTLE and scare her, or it will over for riding 2 up from then on.

NO, if she does not want one, dont force the issue at all. Period. She will let you know if she wants her own bike. If you are asking if she will ride 2 up, then start off on small rides and gradually make them longer. DO NOT CRACK THE THROTTLE and scare her, or it will over for riding 2 up from then on.
+1

I am in the process now of teaching my wife to ride. Will be a long process. The best way to get her to ride is find another couple that the women likes to ride. Camaraderie goes a long long way! Good luck!

My wife just enjoyed riding with me. She recently got one and I have been teaching her. She is really enjoying it and it seems to be a good thing to do together. Does she ride two up? If you get her out and let her see the enjoyment and freedom she might just change her mind.

It is kind of like anything you talk a women into promis her you will take it easy. At first she swore there was no way in he11 she was getting on there. Then she decided a ride or two we rode down the road to outer banks and stuff and well she started enjoying. Teach her there is nothin to be scared of. Have her some on here and talk to a few of the ladies that do ride. Heck you can have her email or call my wife.

im in your shoes. my wife wants nothing to do with bikes. she thinks they all look the same. it actually suits me fine. part of me wants her to ride with me. cause it would be cool to enjoy it together....BUT....just the thought of what happened to juli happening to my wife, kills me. Even worse riding 2 up and what happened to do3 happening to me is even worse. IM MORE HAPPY WITH MY WIFE BEING IN A CAGE. A BIG CAGE!

My wife won't have anything to do with my new K8. She was following right behind me in her car 17 years ago and witnessed 1st hand a cager turn left right in front of me and me T-boneing a Geo Storm at 45 mph. I went over the bars, over the hood and flew 30 feet in the air and then rolled another 40 feet in the road. Bent both my knees backwards as I clipped them on the handle bars and tore my acl. Had my gear on so road rash was minimal but 2 surgeries later my knees still aren't too good. Sooooo...That is why I can't get her to ride anymore. Sometimes thats good cause I just want to go out for a rip but sometimes it would be nice to have a hobbie that we could do together. She says "you don't know what it was like to see that happening".I say "your right but I was there,it happened to me"

I have noticed alot of threads lately that say that your guys women are getting bikes. I don't necessarily want her to get a bike, but i'd like it if she would go for a ride with me once in a while. She don't care that if I have the bike or go ride it, but she wants nothing to do with it. Is there something I can do to change her mind ?
Before I started dating semi, I never been on a motorcycle. I knew riding was part of his life and introduced me to his beloved "lucy". I like riding with him, I just happen to like spending time with him more and if this means riding 2 up then I am all for it. He is careful not to freak me out and we don't go to far. I am still a newbie 2 upper....
laugh.gif

Kerry loves to ride with me. There is no such thing as fast enough, and you guys that have done fast runs double up know how much fun that is, I never thought you could be more stable than on a busa, but double on a busa is amazing.

It's kind of freaky riding happily along, when you see something out the corner of your eye, and ralize that it is your crazy wife telling you to rev it up.
thumb_up.gif

Before I started dating semi, I never been on a motorcycle. I knew riding was part of his life and introduced me to his beloved "lucy". I like riding with him, I just happen to like spending time with him more and if this means riding 2 up then I am all for it. He is careful not to freak me out and we don't go to far. I am still a newbie 2 upper....
laugh.gif
thats great. i wish you could have made the bash. maybe the fall bash, I can see who puts up with him
laugh.gif

I hear you make a good chicken soup
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thats great. i wish you could have made the bash. maybe the fall bash, I can see who puts up with him
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I wish I could of made it to the BASH too. I was so bummed out!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

super.gif
PM -->
99'busa @ May 02 2008 said:
1400069[/ATTACH] PM]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I wish I could of made it to the BASH too. I was so bummed out!
there is a fall bash
tounge.gif

super.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I am not sure about the Fall Bash, but I am going to the Eureka Springs meet and greet! That should be pretty fun!
beerchug.gif

Whatever you do, do not force this on her. If she tells you she has no interest then let it go and just enjoy riding by yourself. I use to be totally anti-motorcycle and look at me now i ride a freakin bad a@* BUSA..... Her interest may peak one day so just be patient.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

m_bf4e2378593b8faf61c9154c32d2e47a.jpg

biggrin.gif

Just enjoy your ride and worry about nothing else... If and when she wants to join you, so be it. Until then, do your thing....
winkold.gif

if she doesn't like bikes, why are you with her? just cut her loose and find someone who enjoys the same things you do! this isn't a joke, you can ask Ms. Semi...i don't have enough free time in my life to be pulled in multiple directions...figure out what you want in your life and go after it while leaving everything that slows you down behind...just my
2cents.gif

Most important - Don't force the issue.

I've always liked bikes so riding 2 up with Dan has never been a question as long as he wants me to. Just the 2 of us together like that - kind of us against everything else - is a great feeling. That said, his 'busa was a little scary at the beginning. Salmalina's a lot of bike.

That said, getting to know other couples who ride together would be good.

Good luck, but don't be surprised if you have to find another hobby to enjoy together.

Like I said, she lets me have my freedom, I can go ride anytime I want. She is going to come with me to the fall bash, maybe that will open her eyes up a little. Thankyou for all the input guys.

beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

+1. I'm in the same boat. The Mrs. won't get on a bike, but she knows its something I love and supports it. She will drive the chase vehicle and setup for the cookouts, etc. Maybe yours can get involved that way as well. I still hope wifey will ride with me one day.

Back