Cause I cannot leave anything alone...  NEW

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
I loved the DPE Wheels, but after having them on for a few months I developed a bit of a phobia driving around on $1100 Custom painted.... well jewelery. They started messing with my head and I don't need that. I love to drive hard and I got tired of having these prima-donna wheels on there. They were strong and didn't weigh anything but I was still always worried about them.

SO, I yarded them off the car, sold them, and got enough to pay in full for NEW wheels and tires that are still low weight but no longer super trick and expensive. This was important cause when I mentioned getting rid of the wheels the wife gave me that (I'm indulgent and patient But Dood) look, so yeah... Nope the new wheels are off the shelf mass produced one piece cast wheels that I can rip up without too much worry. I can afford $300 for a new wheel easier than I can $1200.

So without further Yacking here ya go...

Stock Shoes... Poor Unsuspecting little guy.
07-335i-Exterior014.jpg

Then Added some tint and the pimp wheels... Felt a little TOO conspicuous.
IMG_1111.jpg

And how it looks today... I love the new wheels, not too blingy, and a little something different. The new Tires cost as much as each of the wheels. 235/35-19 Continental Contisport 3s up front and 265/30-19 Contis in the rear.
IMG_2960.jpg

One more
IMG_2957.jpg

Another shot
IMG_2963.jpg

Anyhoo, It's not the Busa, but it puts a smile on my face and I do get a lot of attention from the ladies which is either because I'm handsome...
sadnews.gif
OR Because the car is hot, either way I'm still a tool...
tounge.gif

It's been just over a year with the new BMW and I'm still smitten. I still go stick my head in the Garage just to have a look. I walk backwards away from it though I try not to make it obvious. I take the long way home from work just to spend a few extra minutes behind the wheel and I still love driving it at the limit. It'll do about 120-130 on a good on-ramp, the brakes will haul it down from 60 in 114ft, and it's wonderful out in the twisties.

It's not the fastest, quickest, best looking, or anything else. It doesn't make me smart, good looking, or wealthy. It doesn't make 800hp and get 80MPG despite what many owners want you to believe. It doesn't entitle me to left lane privileges nor does it mean I have to drive like an a55hole, and look down on the world around me... Though again, many owners seem to think this is the case.
guns.gif
It's just a well engineered car that loves to be driven hard. The handling is telepathic, the feedback and FEEL is wonderful and at the limits it's really rewarding to drive. I am actually quite a bit faster in the twisties in this car than on the Hayabusa. There's a few twisty roads out here where I can give the sport bikes fits while the road is winding around... Of course lord help me when it goes straight... ;)

Anyhoo, Blah Blah Blah...
beerchug.gif

Just thought I'd share what I've been up to and sorta give ya'll a one year review.

Nice wheels and ride, Keith. I like your choice w/ the gunmetal finish. Been window shopping wheels for my 04' and 07' G35. Just can't bring myself to shell out the cash yet since I'm running 18's now. Don't want too much bling (chrome and $$$) and would be fine w/ a sharp looking one piece. Although 20's look sharp on some samples I've seen they don't handle as well as 19's from my understanding.

Someone told me 20" tires are typically cheaper than 19's because they make a lot of 20" tires for the truck market?

I bet those would look good on the sedan
smile.gif
(hiding this post from Karen)

BMW's are the only cars that I know that actually have less problems and actually do run better when you run them harder more often then not. What color interior did you get revils ?

nice car btw. need any oem parts for it, give me a holler

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

thumb_up.gif
Looks good. I think you made a good choice. Been toying with the idea of getting a BMW, just haven't decided to take the plunge yet. Well, that and not sure I want the payments. How is the ride with rubber bands like that for tires, harsh?

Nice wheels and ride, Keith. I like your choice w/ the gunmetal finish. Been window shopping wheels for my 04' and 07' G35. Just can't bring myself to shell out the cash yet since I'm running 18's now. Don't want too much bling (chrome and $$$) and would be fine w/ a sharp looking one piece. Although 20's look sharp on some samples I've seen they don't handle as well as 19's from my understanding.

Someone told me 20" tires are typically cheaper than 19's because they make a lot of 20" tires for the truck market?
Thanks man, I was actually shopping for some 18" wheels. You can save some weight and really open up your tire selection by going with an 18" wheel. There are NO good reasons to go with a 19" wheel. None really, but as it turned out I REALLY liked the Dark Gray Finish and they only come in 19"... Ah well, slave to fashion I suppose.

But I'd go with 18" wheels and be perfectly happy with that tiny bit of extra sidewall.
thumb_up.gif

I picked these up as a package from The Tire Rack. Great outfit. They'll have your wheels and tires mounted balanced and at your door in just a few days.

All told wheels, tires and shipping these came to abotu $2550 I think. Not too bad.

I wouldn't do a 20" accept on a truck, otherwise I dunno, too much unsprung weight, and too much wheel.

... and I do get a lot of attention from the ladies which is either because I'm handsome...  
sadnews.gif
  OR Because the car is hot, either way I'm still a tool...  
tounge.gif
The same thing happens to me, I like to think it's because I'm so handsome, but it's probably just the car.
sadnews.gif
Women are so shallow.
smile.gif

sadnews.gif

thumb_up.gif
Looks good. I think you made a good choice. Been toying with the idea of getting a BMW, just haven't decided to take the plunge yet. Well, that and not sure I want the payments. How is the ride with rubber bands like that for tires, harsh?
Actually BMW is equipping all their cars with Runflat tires. So Going from an 18" RFT to a 19" conventional tire the ride is actually improved somewhat. Over all not too bad, firm yeah, stiff yeah, but still compliant enough that only over the roughest of roads do I feel a little bounced around. It's an interesting balancing act, and BMW does it pretty well. The ride is surprisingly smooth.

The Payment... That is the sticky wicket. However, I was able to talk myself into it by focusing on the fact that the BMW was only going to be a couple hundred more a month than my Current payment. I REFUSE to look at what I'm paying each month, I know what it is and it's not too bad but I prefer not to have to face it...

Leasing helps a lot, there was no way I was going to purchase a first year BMW turbo motor, and BMW understands that their potential owners have short attention spans. At least it seems that way as their lease offers are pretty generous. If you assume that vehicles are never an investment, and instead are just black holes you throw money in, then leasing makes sense, I want to drive something shiny and new, I don't drive 30k miles a year and I like the idea of basically only paying the depreciation for a few years.

Oh one more thought though, a year later and this silly thing still makes me giddy and giggle like a tool when I drive it. I still take the long way home and no matter how crappy or stressed out I am by the time I get home I feel great. I still look forward to driving it, and I think the money I save by not needing therapy covers the extra money in payment...
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Breyton? Looks the way I would've done it.
beerchug.gif
Breyton... all I know for sure is that they are German and TUV approved. I wouldn't have bought em' otherwise.

They aren't trick, forged or superlight. But they are safe, fairly lightweight, and affordable. I no longer fear theft/dings nearly as much.

BMW's are the only cars that I know that actually have less problems and actually do run better when you run them harder more often then not. What color interior did you get revils ?

nice car btw. need any oem parts for it, give me a holler

beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
You mean... You've not seen the Lady Killer Leather Interior?
laugh.gif

Seriously, the Alpine White exterior is nice, but it's this leather that the ladies squeal over. I'll be doing Coral Red leather as often as possible from now on. I like the way it looks, it suits a sporty coupe, but mostly I get a lot of positive comments about the Leather... Like Moths to a flame...
drools.gif

IMG_0630smallinterior1.jpg

He He...
07-335i-interior022.jpg

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

Rev you are my hero once again. Another person that can leave absolutely nothing stock. A man after... oh wait I will stop there. You go for wheels on the new Beemer I am going for the killer sound system in my new Duramax. I am contemplating some 20's later for the 2500HD so stay tuned.

Rev you are my hero once again. Another person that can leave absolutely nothing stock. A man after... oh wait I will stop there. You go for wheels on the new Beemer I am going for the killer sound system in my new Duramax. I am contemplating some 20's later for the 2500HD so stay tuned.
He He he... I'm not nearly as bad as most, but I do like to tinker some. But much like the Hayabusa, my tinkering usually stops at the cosmetic.

20's look good on trucks, where you can still wrap enough rubber around them to be semi practical... I look forward to seeing it.
thumb_up.gif

Back