In Washington D.C. last night

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
It's been YEARS since I have even been to D.C. and walked around...amazing place, even if you think you've already seen it all...

We were early for a concert there last night, so we walked over to the WWII Memorial. It's a beautiful memorial, but without the benefit of some literature, all we did was walk through and read what we could, taking it all in...

I was good until I saw these...tough to be somewhere honoring so many that gave the ultimate sacrifices in life so that we may live the lives we live...

My next goal is the Vietnam Wall...it's going to be very difficult since my Dad was there, I grew up hearing all the stories and have had so many relatives that were in Vietnam and saw more than anyone should ever see. It's going to be an emotional visit for me; been trying to get up the nerve to go there for a very long time...

sm_WWII_11.JPG

yeah, its a really impressive place, was there a few years back after they first opened it, if you have a day, the walk from the capitol down the national lawn to the lincoln monument is pretty impressive (and fuggin long) but the museums and sights are not to be missed.

BTW, they are on the list of top places to take your kids before they grow up as well as top places to see before you die. I've found the weekend of the bike show in DC is great... no crowds usually
beerchug.gif

Just figured I'd share for those that never get up to D.C.

The monuments are very humbling indeed...worth a visit if you can ever get there
smile.gif

Oops, one more shot...

sm_monument.JPG

My parents went to the grand opening of the WWII monument. They said it was amazing....Good luck at the Vietnam Memorial.....

I've done the ride to the wall twice from San Diego. The ride is incredible but the destination takes your breath away.

As a Viet Nam survivor I spend a bit of time there shedding tears for all of our troops.

That's why I could very easily go nuclear every time I see those dumb bastids in San Fran dissing the service.

Go hug a vet!

Every time I go through an airport and see our service men and women at a restaurant, I take care of their meal. We should all do that.

Back