gonna hurt

ditchdr

Registered
I got a call yesterday on the GSXR6 I have had up on Craigs list for about 3 months now.. Guy says he has cash in hand and wants to see it at noon.. (This all happened yesterday btw) So I head over to storage pull the bike out throw the charger on the battery and start looking the bike over.. Tires look good PSI is at 35 on both, chain is in good shape, over all bike looks good just a little dusty.. I tried ot blow it off with the air hose but no go.. I turn the key on and fire the little bike up.. let her run for a few min shut it off check the oil again and take off to the car wash to give it a quick rinse..

As I was going from Dorchester to a side road some truck turned from across the intersection with me.. No big deal it is a 4 lane rd, and the sign says " keep moving change lanes later"... So I am turning and my foot slips off the peg, I look down out of reaction not for more then 1/4 of a second when I look up all i see if a big green wall next to me and getting closer. Seems the truck was crossing a white line to get into my lane.. I tried ot get his attn first by hitting the horn, then by kicking his door.. Seems his phone call was more important then my well being.. He taps me the bike low sides and slides into the ditch with me slightly ahead of it.. I dislocated my right shoulder, road rahed my butt, left thigh, and left arm.. Ruined a pair of jeans, and a 2 week old X11 helmet.. Bike has frame slidders and swing arm slidders so it came out in good shape...

I was feeling ok after the Dr poped my shoulder back in( no drugs sweet) and dug all the pebbles and what not out of my butt.. Heck i even went in to work last night lol.. Woke up this morning and could hardley move..

Dude...so sorry to hear about that, heal up quick. And yea...did the guy even stop to check on ya?

he never even slowed down

The guy behind me got the tag number but proving he was the one driving will be hard..

Thats shytty dude, sorry to hear it

firedevil.gif

If it was a commercial truck, the company knows who was driving trust me..

Glad your ok though..
beerchug.gif

Some people are idiots that feel they own the road. Just because you are bigger does not mean you can take the lane of your choice.

I would definitely be seeing the hit and run guy in court.

Turbobusa2000 needs to get a life and a clue. He apparently has not been riding long enough to have to adjust him \ herself on a bike. Personally I feel that TB2000 has prematurely judged an accident dealing with a person that he \ she knows nothing about. The no sympathy statement shows a lack of regard and consideration for other riders. (In case you're wondering; yes, you have pissed me off with your brainless comment). I haven't met DitchDr in person, but I have dealt with him, and I can assure you, he is an upright man. In fact, this board is full of people with the same giving heart.

Looking down for a sec. to adjust yourself wasn't the cause. In fact, that could be left out of the story. The driver was careless.

Glad to hear you are ok.

It doesn't matter who is driving. The company is liable for what happened.

Heal quick bro.

Sorry to ear about that.

I intentionally NEVER ride beside ANY cage for that exact reason! In front or behind is the safest place to be. That way if they come over you aren't "in their way". You need to keep your eyes on the road at all times, and be aware of all your surroundings. We need to do everything we can to improve our odds in a world full of idiots.

was not a company truck that i can remember. Just green. as for TB200 comments,, just let it ride.. Not to worried about it.. But I will be riding the Triumph to work tonight.

Back