Gas to soon cost $10 a gallon???

Can't connect to server
rock.gif

Gov't needs to step in and regulate this ****

Let's see. I am a consultant. I work for a company (company A) who gets paid by another company (company B) to allow me to do work for them. I work 40 hours per week and waste gas driving 85 miles rounds trip each day. Company B pays company A for my time. Company A has to pay a tax for this income. Company A pays me for my time. I have to pay a tax for this income. The work I do produces a profit margin for Company B. Company B pays a tax for this profit.

Add to this the US is third in the world in production of oil. Though, it's true "we" consume more than we produce. I'm certain that the military and other governmental orgs use a lot more per person than the average citizen. Click here for statsHowever, my taxes should more than pay for my (my family's) oil/fuel/petroleum consumption. So, um, give me my taxes back to cover my gas costs and only tax businesses in the US to provide $$ for military spending, roads (since for most of us, 80%+ of our driving is to and from those businesses each day anyway), the fat-cat's on the hill, and etc.

Where the heck are all our taxes going and why isn't there ANY talk of relief? While we're at it let's talk about how "Green" the Whitehouse is. How about how "Green" any given military installation is? Why aren't the CIA, FBI, NSA, Homeland Security, Police Dept's, and the like all using hybrid or electric vehicles if that's the answer?

The gubment needs to get real or give the money back...

Let's see.  I am a consultant.  I work for a company (company A) who gets paid by another company (company B) to allow me to do work for them.  I work 40 hours per week and waste gas driving 85 miles rounds trip each day.  Company B pays company A for my time.  Company A has to pay a tax for this income.  Company A pays me for my time.  I have to pay a tax for this income.  The work I do produces a profit margin for Company B.  Company B pays a tax for this profit.

Add to this the US is third in the world in production of oil.  Though, it's true "we" consume more than we produce.  I'm certain that the military and other governmental orgs use a lot more per person than the average citizen.   Click here for statsHowever, my taxes should more than pay for my (my family's) oil/fuel/petroleum consumption.  So, um, give me my taxes back to cover my gas costs and only tax businesses in the US to provide $$ for military spending, roads (since for most of us, 80%+ of our driving is to and from those businesses each day anyway), the fat-cat's on the hill, and etc.

Where the heck are all our taxes going and why isn't there ANY talk of relief?  While we're at it let's talk about how "Green" the Whitehouse is.  How about how "Green" any given military installation is?  Why aren't the CIA, FBI, NSA, Homeland Security, Police Dept's, and the like all using hybrid or electric vehicles if that's the answer?

Why do all those agencys you just mentioned roll in big SUV's.

How about a no SUV day where no one in teh nation drives SUVs...we can do it once a month...what do you think. Should save a bit huh...

Let's see.  I am a consultant.  I work for a company (company A) who gets paid by another company (company B) to allow me to do work for them.  I work 40 hours per week and waste gas driving 85 miles rounds trip each day.  Company B pays company A for my time.  Company A has to pay a tax for this income.  Company A pays me for my time.  I have to pay a tax for this income.  The work I do produces a profit margin for Company B.  Company B pays a tax for this profit.

Add to this the US is third in the world in production of oil.  Though, it's true "we" consume more than we produce.  I'm certain that the military and other governmental orgs use a lot more per person than the average citizen.   Click here for statsHowever, my taxes should more than pay for my (my family's) oil/fuel/petroleum consumption.  So, um, give me my taxes back to cover my gas costs and only tax businesses in the US to provide $$ for military spending, roads (since for most of us, 80%+ of our driving is to and from those businesses each day anyway), the fat-cat's on the hill, and etc.

Where the heck are all our taxes going and why isn't there ANY talk of relief?  While we're at it let's talk about how "Green" the Whitehouse is.  How about how "Green" any given military installation is?  Why aren't the CIA, FBI, NSA, Homeland Security, Police Dept's, and the like all using hybrid or electric vehicles if that's the answer?

Your taxes are going to pay the interest on a growing debt. Just about all the money you pay goes to that debt one way or another. I live in Canada, and over 90% of our taxes go to pay off the compound interest accumulated for a debt that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Just think about what you could do if you got a 90% return on your taxes...

... so what ever happened to that ( Billion upon Billion OIL Field )..they found in (N.Dakota)?!!?? .. that for some odd reason .. THAT News story .. dissapeared <hmmm> be it speculative or not.. it should have a "effect" on oil prices.......... unless
guns.gif
<gasp> .. the greedy Oil Barons ... need to gut us < the gas paying public > for as much as possible.. till the fields become Active...
firedevil.gif
< THE HORROR >
firedevil.gif
..of that ... thought... or the possibility of it .. < sigh>.

firedevil.gif

I don't think it will get that high,... that would effect consumption behavior and damage the oil market permanently. People will drive vespas and hybrides, and the market for better mpg cars will soar, patients with the environmentalist will wane, etc,.. all bad for the oil suppliers and refiners.

I for one would have no problem paying $10 a gallon for gas if....
A) I didn't have to pay anything for Healthcare. Most of the countries mentioned frequently with ultra high gas prices also have goverment sponsored health care plans.
B) I could actually drive on roads not in a constant state of disrepair. Safety first, wear and tear on me and my vehicles second.
C) I did not have to pay Un-insured (under-insured?) motorist insurance on all of my vehicles. In my state it is a legal requirement for me to carry this so that the state does not have to police all the free loading scumbags roaming the earth with no insurance whatsoever. In this age when no one (and we Americans are the worst IMHO) wants to take responsibility for their own actions (least of all the fed's) this is a piece of (crap) legislation that is completely out of line.
D) We would never, ever, ever have to spend another friggin cent of our hard earned pay to some ingrateful scumbag in the middle east that would just as soon see me perish and fade into the dust of his god forsaken, sun scorched earth he calls home.

There I said it!
rant.gif

Gas will hit $5 a gallon this summer ($118 a barrel currently) and it has been said that it will reach $200 a barrel eventually (and not in 100 years) so $10 a gallon is not as unrealisitic as you think. I was watching an episode of Glenn Beck the other day and they were talking about this, think it was daniel elsberg? not sure, but he said himself that $5 a gallon this summer and oil reaching $200 a barrel will happen with no doubts. And here's an interesting fact, oil was $27 a barrel before we started this war.... Hmm...Wonder how we can get the numbers down??
argue.gif

youtube vid, not the one I saw[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
War makes money for the wealthy. That's a fact, and always has been. War brings poverty and despair not only where it happens, but also where the money and supplies come from to fight it. The US has no money to supply the fight with so we barrow it from our neighbors. What happens when the neighbors what that money back? We have to borrow from somewhere else to pay it. What if no one will lend a broke nation money. The financial structure collapses and the wealthy cut their losses and close the banks and businesses. That leave everyone else to fend for themselves.

Don't believe it? It has happened many times in world history.

What can we do to slow the descent?

Stop using ethanol. Plant food crops instead and restrict export of those crops so we have enough to feed our own first. You can't help anyone else if you can't help yourself!

Penalize companies heavily that export jobs and services to other countries. As we loose more jobs in the US we loose the ability to pay for the goods and service that we want or need. We are the worlds largest consumer base. When that fails the world economy will be destroyed for a very long time. The money that goes oversees should be kept in the US as much as possible to help maintain our economy. Again, you can help someone else if you can help yourself.

Companies that can allow telecommuting jobs should be required to do so. Hell, if they can have some person in India doing my job over the internet then why can't they allow me to work from home and save the fuel costs, vehicle wear, and real-estate costs for the building I need to drive to everyday as my home office sits empty? I'd even take a pay cut to not have to spend, at times, over an hour a day driving to and from work. The nations stress level would also go down because the people that do need to drive to work will have less traffic to deal with everyday. If an employer can't trust an employee to do the work from home they need to hire people they do trust. I'm paid a salary so it doesnt matter what my workload is. I get paid the same if I work 35 or 80 hours a week, as long as my customers are taken care of.

We need to be more careful about how we spend our money. I know I like toys, but I also know at some point the bank will want their money back. I'm glad I kept it at a level that I have the cash to cover my revolving accounts. Everything else I have the income to pay more than the monthly payment so I will get those debts payed for before they hit the end of the contract. I have even started eating out less and have lost 5 lbs eating at home.

We also need to fire the politicians that aren't working for us, and just do it for the money and control. That is a critical item that many Americans are too lazy to do, VOTE!

Can all the free programs to people that don't attempt to hold an income producing job. We loose more money to well-fair programs than we need to. Cut back Military spending in areas that don't put our troops in more danger.

Stop shopping at Walmart. No community has ever prospered because a Walmart has come into it. They run the smaller companies into oblivion where ever they go.

Fire the Air Force General that chose a French company to build an airplane for the US! If we can't build our own defense we are no better then they were in WWII. No offense to the French, but facts are facts.

Together we stand. Divided we fall!

Learn Chinese. See reason above. Also, when they become desperate they will invade the nearest source of food. North America has a tempting supply. Buy a gun with plenty of ammo and learn to use it properly. It will be helpful when the military can't protect everybody here.

If I tick anyone off with this I'd suggest that you carefully review that one. You may need to make some changes in your life.

I think TruWrecks is on the right track with this one. A lot of things need to change but I dont believe we'll be seeing those changes unfortunately.. If we cant do anything mayb we should look into some of this..

tidbit from my boy Beck[/url]

part from the first[/url]

Interesting stuff I think. Why do we continue to do things that we know either harm us, arent working, or simply arent hurting us at the moment?? The future always turns into the present (you would think common sense) After the baby steps comes the big steps soooo do your part!

Last edited by a moderator:
THE CAR COST $4.8 MIL.

AND IF YOU WANT TO TOUCH IT, YOU HAVE TO PAY $1000.

IT BELONGS TO PRINCE ALWALEED FROM SAUDI ARABIA.

Diamond Covered Mercedes of Prince AlWaleed

Remember this when gasoline cost $5.00 a gallon.

You paid for it.

+1,000000000000000000 truwrecks! I'm with you on that

The oil companies need to provide us some answers as to why gas prices (per barrel) are soaring. I understand that they have to make a profit just like all the other companies in the US, but foreign markets are thriving because of our over-consumption and the power of the green back is dwindling. It's f-ing ridiculous IMO.

TruWrecks, I agree with just about every point you made!!  
thumb_up.gif

Au03z71, I don't think the issue is for the oil companies to make a profit, when oil companies report a multibillion dollar profit in just one quarter, they are making a profit. I think they keep sticking it to us because we let them. Until something changes to where big business is not controlling the government, us little guys (usually the middle class) will get shafted.

No after saying that, I will be the first to admit, I don't have a fix all answer and I really don't know where to start trying to fix our great nations problem.  All I can say is, change is needed.

Back