Took my daughter for her first ride.

Dennis The Menace

Donating Member
Registered
I took my daughter for her first ride around the block yesterday. Had all her gear on, just putted around, no where close to the speed limit. I was going to wait till she was at least 6 or 7, she is 5 now, tall, can reach the pegs fine. It was my wifes idea to take her for a toot. I was probably more nervous than she was. But it was still really cool. I have been waiting a long time for that.
cool.gif

beerchug.gif
As long as she had fun!!! Of course, you know what follows...."Daddy, I want my own motorcycle"
laugh.gif

Kids love it. The only problem with my boy is he hangs on so tight he kills my back with his helmet!

beerchug.gif
As long as she had fun!!!  Of course, you know what follows...."Daddy, I want my own motorcycle"  
laugh.gif
That's my problem. My daughter has been riding since she was 5 and now she is TELLING me she wants a bike when she turns 16. That is 3 years from now, so being the good father I am (LOL) I am looking for a bike for her. Enjoy there is nothing better than spending that quality alone time with your children. Just keep her geared up at all times.

Where are the pics?!
smile.gif
Glad she had fun!! You've started something big, you realize that don't you?
beerchug.gif

I'm struggling with this now...I recall riding with my Dad when I was just 5, but now I've got a 5 and 7 year old and don't want to put them on the back yet...I'm just not ready, and I don't know that I'll ever be ready...

We weren't on the ball enough to get some pics. Going to take them both out on the 4 wheeler for the first time this coming weekend too. Probably get some pics of that.

I have taken both my daughter's riding. My 7 year old has been riding since about 5. My 4 year old that will turn 5 in a couple weeks has been riding since the time she turned 4.

The 7 year old is a great passenger. The 4 year old thinks everything is a moto-gp track. She tries to lean off on every turn so she can try and touch the ground. No matter what I tell her, she does the same thing. It scares the crap out of me. We haven't ridden in a a couple months so hopefully the dragging habit has changed.

beerchug.gif
way to keep the madness going for the next gen. now giving rides to grand children and greatgrand kids.

My daughter started at 10 when I bought the Busa. She's been with me for about 7k of the last 10k miles. She's headed to the Bash with me this year too.
My son started on his CRF50 last year at 6. Rides the wheels off of it now. He's waiting on the Busa. Growing too fast to get gear for the road. Already on second set of MX gear!

Any quality time with kids is good time. It's all about communication. When you talk with them it's easier to keep them out of trouble!
thumb_up.gif

Good on you for the gear. No gear/no ride. ATGATT.  
cool.gif

my daughters have probably rode half of the 32000 miles that I have on my 05 with me. seems funny sometimes when one of them is not back there.

Congrats, there are alot of great times ahead for you all.
smile.gif

Jake my 2 year old ( he is as big as a 5 year old) sits infront of my on the crusier and we go up and down the drive way,, he goes so tickled.. Now he grabs for the bars when he gets on.. Kind of scared ot take him through the neighborhood.. DOnt need him falling off..

Back