Lack of Work Ethic's in AMERICA !!

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
What the FU.. is going on with the Younger Generation these Days ? Why do they consistently think the whole Freakin WORLD owes them something ? What ever Happened to Dedication, Loyality and Committment. When and IF I turn 90, Generation Y will be Wiping my A.. in some Nursing Home someday !!! And Frankly I am little concerned.... I like my A.. Wiped a certian way.
SHOCKED.gif
They can't follow directions, they are more worried about other people then themselves. Looking for the Easy Buck and the Free Ride seems to be the Motto Now Days... No one want's to be the Leader anymore. Whatever Happened to Getting the Job Done Right ? When did AMERICA Settle for Mediocrity
wtf.gif

Thanks for letting me Vent a Little. I work with a lot of AMERICA'S Youth and it get's a Little Frustrating Sometimes
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Didn't your parents say the same thing?  LOL
It's that damn rock-n-roll!
egitarre77.gif

I have some old guys that work for me that are just as bad. I try to get into these young guys heads that are just starting out in the company, and explain to them how much easier life will be later if they just put some effort into it now.

Now that I think about It......... The Whole Country is Starting to Develop this kinda Mentality.  Very Sad......
sad.gif
sad.gif

I give US a 100 Years Until we see some sort of Change or Revolution
umnik.gif

sad.gif

"you can feed a man fish and feed him for life, or you can teach a man to fish and he will feed himself". trouble is, he too lazy to wanna learn or physically exhaust himself to feed himself.

You just have to be hard on them. Most of them will not like it, but in the long run it will be easier for both of you. If they get mad and quit, so what. My first boss was pretty hard on me and I thought he was a @sshole, but now that I am in his position I understand it and respect him. Not everyone can be a superstar at work, but most can do better. The big problem is that a lot of kids don't have the proper education to get the job that they want or the jobs that fit them best just are not available in todays economy. They are just working to collect a paycheck and nothing else.

build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.....

light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life

You just have to be hard on them.  Most of them will not like it, but in the long run it will be easier for both of you.  If they get mad and quit, so what.  My first boss was pretty hard on me and I thought he was a @sshole, but now that I am in his position I understand it and respect him.  Not everyone can be a superstar at work, but most can do better.  The big problem is that a lot of kids don't have the proper education to get the job that they want or the jobs that fit them best just are not available in todays economy.  They are just working to collect a paycheck and nothing else.
I can't agree with you MORE
thumb_up.gif
It's just that I have been doing this for about 15 Years Now and it Seems like it's just getting Worse not Better. Maybee I am Just Getting OLD
sad.gif

I Manage a Nation Wide Auto Service Facility Here in Sacramento. Since the Starting Salary is Mostly Minimum Wage........ Mostly Young People Apply !!!!!

I Manage a Nation Wide Auto Service Facility Here in Sacramento. Since the Starting Salary is Mostly Minimum Wage........ Mostly Young People Apply !!!!!
and too think i cant get a job no one will ******* call me back. i worked at one job from 19-26 took 3 days off total there. no sick days nothing cant ****. Some hot ass 16 year old gets the job who's a flake but i don't cause i don't have a nice rack
banghead.gif
. it just pisses me off just gotta vent after i saw this.

hmmmm... let's reflect.... SOMEONE spoiled their kids because "My kids aren't gonna be missing the things like *I* did when I was a kid growing up..." So, now we got a bunch of emo, selfish 'all about me' children that were given huge parties when they "Graduated" kindergarten, lost a tooth, and overprotected by pranoid parents who ASK THEM what they would like to eat.... and we wonder WHY they are a head full of mess?

I wouldn't worry about their future though. They are being trained right to be the future maids and gardeners for whatever large group of illegal, no tax paying aliens are here reproducing like there is no tomorrow, soon to out populate America's indigenous group and take over. When they are relegated to living 4 families per apartment and earning 1/10 of what they did in high school.... they'll learn their lesson. Too late

hmmmm... let's reflect.... SOMEONE spoiled their kids because "My kids aren't gonna be missing the things like *I* did when I was a kid growing up..." So, now we got a bunch of emo, selfish 'all about me' children that were given huge parties when they "Graduated" kindergarten, lost a tooth, and overprotected by pranoid parents who ASK THEM what they would like to eat.... and we wonder WHY they are a head full of mess?

I wouldn't worry about their future though. They are being trained right to be the future maids and gardeners for whatever large group of illegal, no tax paying aliens are here reproducing like there is no tomorrow, soon to out populate America's indigenous group and take over. When they are relegated to living 4 families per apartment and earning 1/10 of what they did in high school.... they'll learn their lesson. Too late
Hit it on the head. I am by no means an oldie 27 but coming up i took all kinds of Ls didnt get an allowence. And didnt ask for shat. I had to buy my own stuff so i learned the value of a dollar cause when i didnt have one i didnt have anything. I think its you older guys fault. Yest your fault. You have began give these youngins everything they ask for and not ask them for anything in return. Im not saying you guys in general but your generation.

So whatever his name is gets everything when he's at home and expects the same from work. Then when he quits a job mom and dad let him live at home till he/she gets back on their feet. They dotn charge them rent or make them pay for anything. Kind of a soft spot as my wifes sister is doing this kind of **** right now and i'm tired of hearing about it.

Since the beginning of time, man has thought of easier, more efficient ways of doing everything from killing a deer to rolling up a car window.
Easier = Less resistance = reduction of energy exerted to acheive a goal.

Every generation has reflected the exact same sentiments about the younger generation.
Is it getting worse? yup. Will it ever change? nope.

It's the law of human nature. Learn to accept ALL of the chaos or
fall into an unhappy, tired, negetive vessle of complaints.

well it sounds like a broken record player but I think the entire mess starts in the home today...

Parents seen to have some big deal telling their demanding little ones "NO"

Every time the carpet crawler wants, demands, begs, pleads..... they get what ever they want...

I visit a lot of homes in my work and it is amazing how many homes are run "by the kids"... I am just amazed at how much income is poured into "junk" on the kids behalf.. Just because you can afford to give your kids everything (or mostly) does not make it the right thing to do.. Parents get that guilt trip and buy the new toy, cell phone, laptop, music, new cars and a thousand other things and never a lick of work out of the child..

The mall rats really crack me up..."mom I need $60 for "__" and mom forks it over, the kid pulls out a wad of 20's and adds them to the pile.. WTF is that?

Do they not realize this breeds contempt and a sense of entitlement? get real and wake the F&^$ up...

:Off rant:

A glimmer of hope yet.
My neice is 15. She has saved every red penny from every Christmas, birthday and
working for the neighbors doing spring clean-up for 3 YEARS and just bought and paid for by herself, a brand new Dell Laptop computer for $865.00.

Now, if that isn't old school saving and determination, I don't know what is.

The good stories are out there. STOP being what the media is. KNOW a better
existance.

Back