Hornet's Nest...

showtime

Registered
As a new member, I have a few questions for the administrative staff here: What constitutes bashing? Also, I would like to know at what point does sharing a negative experience become blatant defamation and is either one even allowed/tolerated? I'm merely asking these questions so that I'm clear on this. Personally, I have short tolerance for those that choose to lowrate someone publicly and would like to know the site's official stance on it. I'm sure that a detailed search might also yield the answer but I feel it's best that everyone sees this stance. It hasn't become a widespread issue but I have seen a few posts where people are getting pretty ugly with the insults.

...sliding over to the correct forum...

If someone's bothering you, you can put them on IGNORE or PM mods/admins here and we'll look in to it...

This gang here is pretty laid back, even our most intense conversations revolving around some very touchy subjects can get heated, but for the most part, everyone does their best to share views in a respectable way...

I've seen some good-natured ribbing going on in the past few days but nothing I would call serious bashing. I suppose the cat and snake thread was a little warm toward the end but didn't cause me any grief. Hopefully, nobody else was overly worried about it.

It's a culture thing. h.org has it's own!

--Wag--

As a new member, I have a few questions for the administrative staff here: What constitutes bashing? Also, I would like to know at what point does sharing a negative experience become blatant defamation and is either one even allowed/tolerated? I'm merely asking these questions so that I'm clear on this. Personally, I have short tolerance for those that choose to lowrate someone publicly and would like to know the site's official stance on it. I'm sure that a detailed search might also yield the answer but I feel it's best that everyone sees this stance. It hasn't become a widespread issue but I have seen a few posts where people are getting pretty ugly with the insults.
Huh?

As a new member, I have a few questions for the administrative staff here:  What constitutes bashing?  Also, I would like to know at what point does sharing a negative experience become blatant defamation and is either one even allowed/tolerated?  I'm merely asking these questions so that I'm clear on this.  Personally, I have short tolerance for those that choose to lowrate someone publicly and would like to know the site's official stance on it.  I'm sure that a detailed search might also yield the answer but I feel it's best that everyone sees this stance.  It hasn't become a widespread issue but I have seen a few posts where people are getting pretty ugly with the insults.
Huh?
They've been answered already. Thanks anyway though.

It's a pretty friendly, kind hearted, open minded, and respectful forum. Everyone hangs out and sings songs about bunnies and such for the most part. We roast marshmallows and pray to Howard when someone is in trouble. It's like a knitting circle really, only with seldom ridden motorcycles instead.

But, for my part I'll tell ya to go pound sand and wipe the tear outta your eye Sally.
beerchug.gif

Seriously though, should be any personal attacks, unless I'm making them... Or something... I dunno the rules are clearly posted and enforced about as well as can be expected given the nature of internet forums and the inevitable mixing of different outlooks, backgrounds, and expectations.

If you see something completely out of line... Let one of the Admins or myself know... Unless of course I posted it which is likely.

This place in less of a message board and more like a big family. Some of what you see as insults my be just some more along the lines of brothers and or sisters picking on each other. A lot of the members on here have a very close bond and spend most of their time on here because well they dont have a life and no real friends and havent left their computer in months. (99'busa...)  
laugh.gif
But really there are a lot of good people here that will go above and beyond to help fellow members out.

This place in less of a message board and more like a big family. Some of what you see as insults my be just some more along the lines of brothers and or sisters picking on each other. A lot of the members on here have a very close bond and spend most of their time on here because well they dont have a life and no real friends and havent left their computer in months. (99'busa...)
laugh.gif
But really there are a lot of good people here that will go above and beyond to help fellow members out.
Right, this is what I meant to say... sorta.

Furthermore, That was far from being the only case.  I just want to be clear when I give it back to those that give it first.  Fair is fair.
cool.gif

Hmmm I just send VA and a few other Mods a bottle of ripple every xmas... they never give me trouble...

I doubt you could convince anyone that Daniel caused anyone's reputation to be tarnished as He has been and I think is still a board sponsor with an excellent record,I personally have done alot of business with him and know is a standup business guy.Heck,he even steps up when someone does have a bad experience with someone and makes it right! I PERSONALLY vouch for Daniel and his business practices.

I am not an admin,nor do I want to be,but do not try and start fires where there are none.

This is what o boy is talking about    he thinks daniel (goldenchild) is BASHING

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=3;t=91575;st=50;#entry1675571
THIS is what gets ish started...it was a simple question posed to the admins.  Like I said in the earlier post, it's been answered.  Thanks for your input anyway.
Showtime, I think your response to 99 busa is exactly what you are complaining about in others. It looks to me like 99 was just adding background info here. You were not very respectful in your response.

Randy, I don't recall getting my bottle this year.

This is what o boy is talking about    he thinks daniel (goldenchild) is BASHING

THIS is what gets ish started...it was a simple question posed to the admins.  Like I said in the earlier post, it's been answered.  Thanks for your input anyway.
Showtime, I think your response to 99 busa is exactly what you are complaining about in others.  It looks to me like 99 was just adding background info here.  You were not very respectful in your response.

From the very few responses I've read to the actual question that I originally asked, I 'm gathering that it's perfectly fine to disagree with someone in whatever way you wish, no matter how you word it. It's up to the other individual not take it personally. The response YOU get though, for calling someone out, aparently depends upon how many members of your clique see the thread. I'm the newbie, so I'm the bad guy. Understood. It is what it is. But while we're at it, no I don't appreciate him throwing a name out. It was incomplete and totally unneccassary background info. Like I said, I guess this is a hornet's nest.

Showtime, I think your response to 99 busa is exactly what you are complaining about in others.  It looks to me like 99 was just adding background info here.  You were not very respectful in your response.

From the very few responses I've read to the actual question that I originally asked, I 'm gathering that it's perfectly fine to disagree with someone in whatever way you wish, no matter how you word it.  It's up to the other individual not take it personally.  The response YOU get though, for calling someone out, aparently depends upon how many members of your clique see the thread.  I'm the newbie, so I'm the bad guy.  Understood.  It is what it is.  But while we're at it, no I don't appreciate him throwing a name out.  It was incomplete and totally unneccassary background info.  Like I said, I guess this is a hornet's nest.
Being a newbie NEVER makes someone a bad guy. Maybe you ought to spend a little time in the new owners forum. It doesn't take long for someone to realize EVERYONE is welcome here. YOU are the one who has even MADE a hornets nest. You are the Queen. You just joined and are stirring up crap. Daniel only stated facts. YOU were to one starting crap in that thread. It was none of your business yet you felt the need to let you skirt get ruffled. Now you start a thread about it leaving no one knowing what exactly your talking about. I offer a simple background to inform people, then you start crap with me. I'm trying very hard to be civil here. You are an instigator. If drama is what your after....find another org. Cliques? THAT IS FRICKEN STUPID! There is not one person here that will not welcome anyone in any conversation. This is a VERY friendly org. There are groups of people that are closer friends due to location or more similar interests. These GROUPS ALWAYS welcome anyone. YOU are making yourself the bad guy. Now my advice would be take the knot out of your panties, iron your skirt, and take a Midol!

coffee.gif

Back