Started a Company

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
In the interest of not having to work for anyone when I retire from the Navy in 4 months, I have started a company.

I am a certified defensive tactics and PPCT instructor at the state police academy.

The company I started is called Advanced Security INC. I contract to bars and nightclubs for the security services then hire and train security personnel. I hate the word bouncer becasuse that is usually just the biggest redneck in the bar. I have one contract in place with 2 others pending.

Looks like it might work out. Just in case I have put my application in at the local Police Department.

Don

Good for you
thumb_up.gif
I'm sure you will get plenty of business to keep you very busy! Good luck.

Don, will you be training actual officers or current/ex military who will do this on their off hours? Or will anyone that might meet the physical and psychological specifications for the position be considered, regardless of their lack of military or police background?

Does the night club/bar provide the candidates and you train them, or do you provide the personnel and train them?

Just curious, really sounds like somethin i would honestly be interested in at some point.

Jerry

Sounds like a great idea...I wish you the best and hope it's lucrative!!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Sounds good, hope you have great luck with it!!  I almost started down that path career wise, sometimes I wish I had.

Sounds like a plan my Brother.... However it works out just remember it must start out or its just a dream!

Sonny,
Thanks. It has already started. Incorporation paperwork is done, insurance is paid thru the year, both the general liability and the workman's comp. I have one contract right now that is feeding about a $1k a month back into the business account.

Don

good luck, I started a business last year,(Small Restuarant), and it was a pain and still is at times, but hang in there

I started a company too!!!! I'm a freelance Giggalo. How many days do you think it will take me to starve to death?
rock.gif

Awesome Don!

I think you picked a great field. There will always be bad guys and a need for security from them
beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif
Good for you! Your workers comp. could really end up gettin ya in that line of work. My workers comp is 6x my liability and I have never had a claim. Your risks are much higher than mine. I hope it works out for ya. It sounds like a great idea and you have all your stuff in order. MY opinion is you'll do good.
beerchug.gif

Back