Busa = Cop Magnet

dandml

Registered
I've had the Busa for 7 months now and I'm up to my fourth encounter with the local LEO's. Tonight I get stopped right in front of my driveway. The wife loved that! Been lucky though, only one ticket so far. Blowing back into town the week before Christmas and I look over to see a cop sitting between two buildings. I'm thinking to myself "Damn, I've never seen a cop sitting there before". I ride right past looking straight at him and "wham" the lights come on. He's sitting just inside the speed limit sign where it drops from 35 to 25. I get nailed for 41 in a 25. Dumb ticket. Dumb - dumb - dumb.
banghead.gif

Tonight I'm coming into town and look ahead and see a car slowing and pulling to the side of the road. I just hit the brakes hard and come crawling into town. As I get closer I see it's the local LEO and he's sitting right next to my driveway. Great! I hit the blinky light to turn into my driveway and he hits his lights. So we have a little chat in the driveway with all the neighbors watching from their front porches. He tells me all the bikes are coming out with the warm weather and this is just a warning - but slow it down.
spank.gif

I asked what I was clocked at and he said "37 in a 35". I said "That doesn't seem too bad."
whistling.gif

He says "I saw 50's dropping fast before I punched you in."

These bikes are just too easy to ride fast. Gotta slow it down.

laugh.gif

Yes Sir !!!

There are plenty on here who can vouch for that, me included...

107 in a 65 baby....
ohsnap1.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

and guys wonder why I will not ride around them when they have obnoxiously loud pipes.. can not have any fun..

KNOCK ON WOOD.. I have never had a prob. around here. I "accidently" did a power wheelie right in frt. of an oncoming cop and all he did was look at me when he went by. :relief: Ran a light by accident late at night when I was a teen on my katana right in frt. of 3 cops at a village pantry. They found me hiding on a side road and just gave me a verbal warning. ect ect ect....IN. good to me soo far..

10 years of driving and no tickets...1 month a speeding ticket..after 2 years on the busa I have accumulated 8 speeding tickets and 5 other tickets. I have never recieved a warning on my bike. I have actually got two within a 30 mins one day on the interstate.

10 years of driving and no tickets...1 month a speeding ticket..after 2 years on the busa I have accumulated 8 speeding tickets and 5 other tickets. I have never recieved a warning on my bike. I have actually got two within a 30 mins one day on the interstate.
SHOCKED.gif

Dayum man, that sucks major azz... I feel for ya bro, I feel bad enough just getting the one I have...
pissed.gif

A good solution for us daily riders - up your rear gear to a 42t sprocket. It makes the bike ride at a higher rpm giving just a bit of a sense of going faster - but not really. Might help you a bit in those slow spots. 25 is really slow on a Busa - it's just hard to go that speed. You might as well hold the clutch in and coast. ;-)

Just a thought....

Never had a ticket until I got a Busa. Pulled over several times talked to the cop nothing.

Got the Busa got pulled over the first week. Cop walked up with the ticket in his hand. I said you want my liense insurence. Nope have a nice day and handed me the ticket. He was a motorcycle cop too, just in his car that day. I still wonder if he did it becuase he was pissed he was not riding.

He was probably just pissed because he doesn't own a 'busa like you and has to settle for riding one of those police-issue bikes all the time.

Or maybe he was pissed because he doesn't own an '05 Dodge Magnum like so many of us.  
tounge.gif

I was clocked at 167 by a state trooper on the interstate... didnt see him, my exit was 4 miles got off and was heading home seen blue lites comming in the distance I slowed down and waited for him which was a bad mistake, make a long story short I was charged with speeding 26 over wreckless driving and fleeing and evading.

The judge gave me 90 days in jail.

This was my first speeding ticket on my busa in 2 years.

So far I've just gotten some frowns from the local police. But then again, there is a LOT of sport bikes around here so a Hayabusa doesn't catch any more attention in passing than any other. I always watch my speed in towns and have just been lucky out on the back roads. Twice now, flying on the Busa in the twisties, I've came up behind a car and had to slow way down. Then the Statey goes by, blissfully ignorant of what was going on a mile earlier.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yes Sir !!!

There are plenty on here who can vouch for that, me included...

107 in a 65 baby....
ohsnap1.gif

laugh.gif
107 in a 65??
bowdown.gif
In Ohio they shoot you for something like that!
In South Dakota you get passed... by a pickup... pulling a horse trailer...
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

I travel to Wyoming/Montana quite a bit and know what you are talking about with the trailers !!!
laugh.gif

He clocked me on radar @ 157, but only got me locked in at 107 !!! He told me how lucky I was to be just getting a ticket !!!!
laugh.gif
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I was clocked at 167 by a state trooper on the interstate... didnt see him, my exit was 4 miles got off and was heading home seen blue lites comming in the distance I slowed down and waited for him which was a bad mistake, make a long story short I was charged with speeding 26 over wreckless driving and fleeing and evading.

The judge gave me 90 days in jail.

This was my first speeding ticket on my busa in 2 years.
167?
eek2.gif
90 days in jail - bummer. The judge didn't buy your story about getting passed by a horse trailer?

Back