Rider Down

inthexring

Registered
Thought I would put this here if anyone is interested:
Rider Down April 5th, 2008

We all we had an awesome trip from Boise Idaho to Arizona Bike Week. We put on many miles and saw Tombstone, Hoover Dam and Lake Havasu. Unfortunately on the back to Idaho in Vegas, Sheila didn't make one of the turns and crashed and went thru a sign trying to get onto 15 north close to the Fremont street area. This is a tight 25 mph turn and you know those slick Vegas roads. She was taken to UMC Trauma and they took good care of her. She has a shattered leg, dislocated shoulder and two cracked vertebrae in her neck. She can't lift her arms up to even wash her hair. She is now in a wheel chair for three months for recovery. To make matters worse, this was her first vacation and had lost her job in January and living on the Unemployment checks until she can find a new job. So because of the no job, she also has no medical insurance.

So we are asking for donations or any help you can offer to help her out. I have been riding a long time and I know the biking community is awesome. We try to help as much as we can. If you like you can donate thru our club website here and put a note it is for Sheila Winkler. Thanks so much and please ride safe and ride with gear.

http://www.boisevalleyriders.org/crew/index.jsp?goto=donations

Danny Cone
Vice President
Boise Valley Riders

a pic

m_480de2adbf2f435521764cde06290867.jpg

Godspeed, she's in our prayers. I'll help out, not much but every little bit helps.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery! Will send something along asap!

Can I get an address so I can send a cheque? No point going through paypal, losing money for no reason. I would like to see her get all the the funds, not lose a % to PP jerks.

Thanks so much all for your help. So sad when these things happen. She has such a great spirit and loves to ride, although not a Hayabusa, but nevertheless she rides. She is in great spirits and hopes to get up soon, but she will need another surgery to get her leg better. The front chin bone was shattered pretty bad.
If you would like to send a check.

Danny Cone
Care of Sheila Winkler
1921 S riptide Ave
Meridian Idaho

Thanks again for all your support!

I am in Henderson. Please let me know if I can help out in any way.

Back