Help Settle A Dispute

BigSkin

Registered
I say Every Motorcycle Rider at one point in his life will eventualy be involved in an accident of some sort.

My fiance Says no thats not true.

How many people have been riding for some time and never been involved in accident?

Am I totaly wrong? Stupid question! Im already wrong for arguing with her but who cares.

An intelligent man told me that there are two kinds of riders, those that have fallen and those that are going to fall.

I've fallen.

Well I can tell you EVERY rider that has gone down, didn't leave their house knowing it was gonna happen.

I had been riding for 31 years, dirt, street, cruiser and I went down last July. It happens!

An intelligent man told me that there are two kinds of riders, those that have fallen and those that are going to fall.

I've fallen.
I do not go along with it... I know a number of "old timers" that have never been down.. (myself included to this point)

been down a couple times...i've known a few people who haven't gone down but i didn't necessarily consider them riders- put a few hundred miles a year on their bike and only rode in optimum weather and obeyed every law and speed limit sign...if you ride anywhere near the edge of your abilities for long enough, the law of averages is going to kick in...also, accidents happen daily and it doesn't matter how careful you are, there are many, many, idiots in this world who are going to make stupid decisions that could possibly get you hurt or killed...your best bet is to prepare for the worst and be glad when it doesn't happen...just my
2cents.gif

Right Before I went down I decided to Wear my Helmet and Jacket (This was Back in 89) When Helmet Laws were not in effect in CA. It Saved my Life and My FACE. LITERALLY !!!!! Before that Night I Never Wore My Gear !!! Now I Never Ride Without Gear !!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Mean NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!

20 years of dirt/desert riding and crashed bad two times, and a bunch of little spills. So far 4 years on the street and no crashes. I had 36,000 miles on my blackbird and now about 4800 on my Busa.. I believe it is just a matter of time before it happens on the street, but I hope I get proved wrong !!!..
winkold.gif

I've been riding since I got my temps 12 years ago.  The only time I've had an accident was with my 250 ninja.  I was 15 at the time.  No cars involved, just a dumb kid(me) and a fresh paved back road with gravel scattered across a sweeping corner.  Since then nothing but my feet and my wheels have touched the ground.  Thank God!
please.gif

I have crashed as well. Been riding dirt/street for 20+ years. Its going to happen just wear your gear and try to watch out for the other guy.

Got tagged by a hit 'n' run driver 20+ years ago. Haven't been down since, knock on wood.

Nearly got run over by a car yesterday on the way to work. Bastard didn't check over his shoulder before making a lane change and came right over on me. I wasn't cruising in his blind spot but was starting to pass through it on my way by him.

Every time I go out, I have a close call with a cage at least once during the ride.

I expect that sooner or later, I'm gonna go down, if for no other reason, just because cagers are asleep at the wheel or on the phone. Doesn't matter. I'm not about to focus on it. I'm just going to ride.

Can we also ask the question: How many drivers of cars have never been in an accident with another car? Even just a fender-bender. I think most cagers have been tagged too.

--Wag--

I lost control of my brand spankin' new Harley when I was learning to ride; pretty sore for a couple of weeks, cut under my eye, busted my wrist, damaged the tank on the Harley...dropped my Busa 3 times in the driveway before it was lowered...

Never say never and prepare yourself for the crash always
smile.gif

Back