Hear that sucking sound? It's your taxes

Yep. It's a shame they squander more everyday.
guns.gif

if I would have done that when I had a Gov't CC, I would have lost the the card and probably my job. But Congress excempts themselves from all the laws they pass for Gov't employees. I've said it before, term limits for congress. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

You know.. I dont get it.

I have been involved with the military for over 20 years and I dont see all this squandering that is allways being reported.

I am sure it happens, but example, as a civilian, the command I work for and have worked for over the last 10 years keeps a pretty right rein on everything.

When I go on official travel it is preferred I stay in BOQ rooms for $20.00 per night.

Every single charge I make while on gov travel is questioned, if it isn't authorized (meaning someone above me looks at each individual charge and if it was not directly gov travel related they dont pay)

When I go somewhere the government will pay for 2 phone calls home, once when I get there and once when I leave to come home, and then there is a $5.00 limit on the phone call.

if I take my own car, I am paid mileage to drive to the TAD location and I am paid mileage to drive home. and it is not mileage I submit, the travel office determines how many miles it should be.

I cannot claim any mileage other than that stated.

And everyone else I know, military and civilian are and always have been under the same scrutiny.

So I would love to know who these reports are talking about. And whomever it is, if it is real then those people should have their fricken nipples cut off

You know.. I dont get it.

I have been involved with the military for over 20 years and I dont see all this squandering that is allways being reported.

I am sure it happens, but example, as a civilian, the command I work for and have worked for over the last 10 years keeps a pretty right rein on everything.

When I go on official travel it is preferred I stay in BOQ rooms for $20.00 per night.

Every single charge I make while on gov travel is questioned, if it isn't authorized (meaning someone above me looks at each individual charge and if it was not directly gov travel related they dont pay)

When I go somewhere the government will pay for 2 phone calls home, once when I get there and once when I leave to come home, and then there is a $5.00 limit on the phone call.

if I take my own car, I am paid mileage to drive to the TAD location and I am paid mileage to drive home. and it is not mileage I submit, the travel office determines how many miles it should be.

I cannot claim any mileage other than that stated.

And everyone else I know, military and civilian are and always have been under the same scrutiny.

So I would love to know who these reports are talking about. And whomever it is, if it is real then those people should have their fricken nipples cut off
..glad to see some departments follow protocol. Obviously not all do.

Our entire government needs to follow these checks and balances, as would any well ran business. I understand there are areas of spending I do not need to hear about(National Security)..that is fine...set that money in it's fund and follow protocol on all the other billions of dollars.

Back