Didnt see anyone mention this

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
All of the safer barriers, hans devices and new cars saved Michael Mcdowells life friday. Insane that he walked away from this. This exact kind of impact is what took Dale Earnhardt from us. All of the improvements stemming from that crash, saved a life here. They say the impact was around 185 mph.  
thumb_up.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen that crash on Friday during Qualifying. Look so devestating yet driver pops out of the car, waves to the crowd and walks away unharmed.

I bet he was not quite so chipper in the morning.... but amazing he walked!

I worked the races in Darlinghton many many times.. Yeah they may walk away, but truct me in a hour or 2 once the adrenlin(sp) wears off they hurt lol.. But the saftey with Nascar has increased so much it is almost mind boggling.

to bad they didnt have it when Dale Sr was around.....
I really miss watching ol Dale wheeling that car around.But the truth is he wouldn't of wore a fullface or a Hans.Takes movement and vision away,he said he could feel the air[draft] on his chin and knew when a car was around him and when to go.He was old school.I don't think Nascar would of pushed it cause of who he was.It cost him his life but I heard the man say on a intervue...I know the risk.

It was awfull to watch, great safety features nascar has implamented.....he was looking fine during sunday interviews and races the entire race...Gear and equipment !!
beerchug.gif

I was there! I was sitting right at the exit of pit road about 6 rows up from the wall when he went by at 180+. I tell you the sound of the impact is still fresh in my mind. I really thought they were going to need a helicopter to fly this kid to the hospital... to see him walk away from that was absoultly incredible! I have a few pics of them fixing the SAFER barrier after his impact. The replaced a 7 foot section of wall to get qualifying going again. Over night they replaced a 20 foot section. I will never forget that sound!

to bad they didnt have it when Dale Sr was around.....
I really miss watching ol Dale wheeling that car around.But the truth is he wouldn't of wore a fullface or a Hans.Takes movement and vision away,he said he could feel the air[draft] on his chin and knew when a car was around him and when to go.He was old school.I don't think Nascar would of pushed it cause of who he was.It cost him his life but I heard the man say on a intervue...I know the risk.
I miss watching Dale do his magic also.

Back